Cancel the season?

36 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I'm not sure that's the end of this, but more to the point, you think football should be above the law and be able to "police itself"? I was just checking that was tongue in cheek.

Looks like Pete holds more power than Nic anyway 

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

"we need to radically reduce interactions people are having". Quote NS today. Yet football, which is neither essential or employment if players are not being paid, continues. 

Yes understand your point but again, no facts are there that state football is a contributing factor in the spread of the virus.
The clubs are staying within the guidelines and the clubs and WOSFL are going on what is asked of them from the government and SFA.
If the Government and SFA say only club that covid test their players can continue, then most will stop but that hasn't happened yet

I can see football at LL level and below  either pausing or stopping this season but as I stated there's no FACTUAL contributing factors that football is spreading the virus

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
forgot to add in 'covid test''

39 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yes understand your point but again, no facts are there that state football is a contributing factor in the spread of the virus.
The clubs are staying within the guidelines and the clubs and WOSFL are going on what is asked of them from the government and SFA.
If the Government and SFA say only club that they their players can continue then most will stop but that hasn't happened yet

I can see football at LL level and below  either pausing or stopping this season but as I stated there's no FACTUAL contributing factors that football is spreading the virus

Not about being a 'contributing factor'. We are in a national lockdown and people are leaving their house for the non essential purpose of playing football and mingling off the pitch. It's a group of people who do not need to be out their houses for that activity. I can see one other person legally outdoors, socially. The SG needs to get a grip on this absolute piss-taking of the law . 

Edited by cmontheloknow

52 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

If the Government and SFA say only club that they their players can continue then most will stop but that hasn't happened yet

Agree re no Factual contributing factors but what about the Common Sense contributing factors …… Do we just ignore them ???

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Not about being a 'contributing factor'. We are in a national lockdown and people are leaving their house for the non essential purpose of playing football and mingling off the pitch. It's a group of people who do not need to be out their houses for that activity. I can see one other person legally outdoors, socially. The SG needs to get a grip on this absolute piss-taking of the law . 

I'm a bit unsure where the mingling off the pitch is coming from.
It's best sticking to the things we know.  Every person at the ground, must be doing a job to keep the game on and going and that its all safe.
If there are not then they, the club etc.. should be dealt with.

I wouldn't be surprised if the season closes down if the deaths continue to rise as well as the amount of people contracting it each day.

I will say, I don't think the level of football we are on about is continuing due to peoples choice in power. Its obviously continuing due to factual contributing with science at the government/SFA group meetings that's deciding that this football is being allowed to continue of which nearly all of us do not have access to the full facts and science of it all.

Again, I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just playing devils advocate as I'm not making it up its just what I have learned and read, its not rocket science from both viewpoints.  We've already had youth & amateur football stopped but the government/SFA group believe the level of which we are all at/were watching, is believe to be able to run in a  way that doesn't spread or contribute to the virus spread.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

41 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

It's sad that some people need to have activities criminalised rather than take obvious measures themselves. Government shouldn't have to waste time on small potatoes like this, we should be able to be grown-ups without being forced. 

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

If the Government and SFA say only club that covid test their players can continue, then most will stop but that hasn't happened yet

Any situation where people congregate in groups will be a "contributing factor" whether that be a McDonalds an Asda or a football ground

No-one who has caught the virus will know for definite where they caught it.

And some clubs are still not staying within the guidelines unfortunately, possibly spoiling it for the ones who are trying their best to do so.

Common sense should tell us to close down at least till the end of January (maybe the weather will do that anyway)

Edited by santheman

Given the government’s stance so far on this virus, then surely if they thought playing football was an exceptional risk then they would stop it? They are obviously looking at the evidence and listening to actual experts, not Monday morning quarterbacks. If they had any doubt then they would stop it.

1 minute ago, The Informer said:

Given the government’s stance so far on this virus, then surely if they thought playing football was an exceptional risk then they would stop it? They are obviously looking at the evidence and listening to actual experts, not Monday morning quarterbacks. If they had any doubt then they would stop it.

Missing the point though. It shouldn't be a government decision, it should be common sense. There is very little at stake in this league.

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Missing the point though. It shouldn't be a government decision, it should be common sense. There is very little at stake in this league.

If the Government deemed this to be a contributing factor to the outbreak, they would have no hesitation in stopping it. I get your point re the stakes, so maybe at this level, then it should be looked at.

3 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

image.thumb.png.605339b3a04f20057a0dca3e9951f3ca.png

Ive a lot of time for Carlo and that is just common sense , my daughter is a nurse and she was talking to her mum today saying they can’t cope in the hospital due to the number of people in and she never moans , when it gets to that stage its time for junior football to call it a day at least till March 

One thing I find amazing is massive teams down south are dropping like flies with Covid who are in their professional bubble and are tested twice weekly sometimes more, but teams at our level who don’t get tested and are mixing with different workmates on a daily basis gave had less games off than the pros.