Cancel the season?

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

It is vile when someone posts on here about a sham. Frannie McNeill and Davie McIlroy, two people who contributed a lot to the Junior grade, died well before their time because of it. Covidiots can play tig on the M8 for all I care.

Yes agreed.

Older committee members who want out of the house will go and watch of course. I witnessed from a few live streams that some of the teams are managing to get Tom, Dick and Harry through as committee members where it now looks like some teams have a support at games. When I watched Darvel a few weeks ago they had a stand filled at cumnock. 

when will the WOSFL stand up and take action. They are putting lives at risk and I would be angry if I was a family member. This should be taken further as the protocols in place are non existent 

The 2 teams were in the stand that day from what I could see

Yes agreed.
Older committee members who want out of the house will go and watch of course. I witnessed from a few live streams that some of the teams are managing to get Tom, Dick and Harry through as committee members where it now looks like some teams have a support at games. When I watched Darvel a few weeks ago they had a stand filled at cumnock. 

when will the WOSFL stand up and take action. They are putting lives at risk and I would be angry if I was a family member. This should be taken further as the protocols in place are non existent 

3 hours ago, Jurgenflopp said:

Yes agreed.

The WOSFL have already issued information previously and have done so against recently, telling teams how many players, coaching staff, committee people and others allowed at games. They have also stated that WOFL officials will turn up at games to check that teams and within the rules and sanctions can be placed if not adhering to the rules.
Don't think they can do anything else to be honest.  The WOSFL, and I believe the EOSFL, are investing previous games and training sessions where there were discrepancies and all teams within the WOSFL have been remined to make sure they fall within the guidelines

7 hours ago, Dev said:

You are right but they will not have died or be maimed for life. It's very tough and it is necessary to help and protect the young but we need to accept that for the immediate future there will be limits to what can be done.

Totally agreed sir. In case I gave the wrong impression, I wasn't making a case for reducing restrictions there, just talking about the hardships for younger folk. 

32 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

All will be OK just keep calm. 

Some excellent work by Celtic to put SG back in the box allowing football to police itself without interference 

It can be hard to tell online sometimes, but I take it this is a joke?

17 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

In the South, Lochmaben and Newton Stewart calling for the season to be paused. Nairn St Ninian withdraw from the season up north. Why are clubs having to lead this?

Money. It doesn't look like the SFA want to step in with a decision because it will have another round of consequences on their finances. As long as the professional sport exemption is in place, it's business as usual.

41 minutes ago, Jurgenflopp said:

I hope the bosses at the wosfl see a lot of the comments on this and realise that they will be responsible for deaths if they decide to continue the season right now 

Unfair hyperbole there. 

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

In the South, Lochmaben and Newton Stewart calling for the season to be paused. Nairn St Ninian withdraw from the season up north. Why are clubs having to lead this?

You saw Glensmad’s responses when Tier 4 came in. He said the clubs have the opportunity to object to play continuing. At best, lazy leadership. 

45 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Money. It doesn't look like the SFA want to step in with a decision because it will have another round of consequences on their finances. As long as the professional sport exemption is in place, it's business as usual.

The WoSFL have hung on to the coat tails of this elite/professional sport idea since the start of the season. They shouldn’t be waiting for an SFA decision on this.

Looking like the league continues business as usual following the new guidelines. Seems ridiculous with no testing in place but then again so do a lot of the guidelines. 
Would it be wise for league to impose a small pause, looking like lose plenty games with weather regardless? For the argument of playing - as a poster put on another thread ‘just because it’s legal doesn’t mean it’s a good idea’ 

3 minutes ago, ToffeeTalbot said:

Looking like the league continues business as usual following the new guidelines. Seems ridiculous with no testing in place but then again so do a lot of the guidelines. 
Would it be wise for league to impose a small pause, looking like lose plenty games with weather regardless? For the argument of playing - as a poster put on another thread ‘just because it’s legal doesn’t mean it’s a good idea’ 

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with a pause or even cancelling this season

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Are you being bitchy or condescending there?

Again Jim, you cannot help yourself with me.
Genuinely try and avoid certain peoples post whom you dislike.
I don't intentionally try to rip the pish out of you but it does happen all because you continue to post slagging comments with no input to the main post

and guess what Jim, I was actually asking a genuine question as its one of the most ludicrous posts I've seen on here, about blaming the WOSFL for deaths

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 minute ago, Sancho Panza said:

I was actually paying Peter Lawwell a compliment, FM says Dubai needs looked into, Celtic say no it doesn't, job done.

I'm not sure that's the end of this, but more to the point, you think football should be above the law and be able to "police itself"? I was just checking that was tongue in cheek.

2 hours ago, Jurgenflopp said:

I hope the bosses at the wosfl see a lot of the comments on this and realise that they will be responsible for deaths if they decide to continue the season right now 

I hope the "bosses", who are all volunteers and have other commitments, are not wasting their time reading the contradictory opinions on here and elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

I hope the "bosses", who are all volunteers and have other commitments, are not wasting their time reading the contradictory opinions on here and elsewhere.

It hard when you think of all the variants. nearly every team's coaching staff, committee and players, (well mostly) are all volunteers right now.
The teams have to follow the guidelines set up by the WOSFL, whom get it from, I believe the SFA whom receive it form the working group set up by the SFA and the government.
As long as the teams adhere to the restrictions and criteria then they are doing nothing wrong, As long as the WOSFL and the LL check up on possible breach and take appropriate action then that's fine.  

# We are however in a pandemic with 78 people whom have died in Scotland in the last 24 hours and looks like getting worse.
I've not heard of football being a carrier of the virus as in tons and tons of players and staff contracting it so its basically one day at a time until it gets too much