Wildcard Weekend

lichtie23

couldn't stay up 2 nights running and i am gutted i stayed up for Brady winning and missing the Steelers implode.

That first quarter is something to behold. True what the commentators were saying the Steelers might have went 11-0 but there was still so many questions about that team. Is it true Ben's cap hit is $40m+ next year? that is hilarious

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Mike Tomlin's playoff record is patchy at best, but that was an absolute shitebag call not to go for it on 4th and 1.

It was more like 4th&3 truth be told, but yes, it was completely cowardly

I've seen my share of inexplicable 'play to lose' punts down the years, both Mike McCoy and Anthony Lynn called some complete shockers, but I never thought I'd see it from a perennially competent franchise like Pittsburgh. Given they were in full 'throw it on every down and distance' mode anyway, I really don't understand why they felt they wouldn't be able to convert. The fact they punted for a net gain of about 25 yards and then gave that away in two plays anyway just makes it all the more baffling. 

I also thought the decision to go for two at 35 -16, but then kick the PAT at 35-22 was inexplicable. It's like Tomlin was just throwing dice rather than making situationally appropriate decisions.

I still can't get over that Browns game.

Watched it back this morning. Michael Dunn made his debut at guard against one of the best interior defensive lines in football and didn't give up a single pressure. That's ridiculous!

Then he goes down injured, and his replacement is a guy that basically had to introduce himself to the team in the locker room before the game.

Probably not even the daftest thing about the game either (that goes to Smith-Schuster IMO).