How To Get Away With Murder

19QOS19

Started watching this last week and am almost finished S2. Loving it so far. 6 seasons in total and having looked at the ratings the quality doesn't appear to drop thankfully.

The plot is a defence attorney takes in 4 of her students who work alongside her and from then on it's just mental. I've tried to explain the plot to other folk but there's so much going on at any one time that it's hard to describe it. It's very bingeable as every episode seems to end with a twist. Just interesting characters whom you switch between liking and disliking. Two absolute babes as well for good measure.

Has anyone watched it all?

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Started watching this last week and am almost finished S2. Loving it so far. 6 seasons in total and having looked at the ratings the quality doesn't appear to drop thankfully.

The plot is a defence attorney takes in 4 of her students who work alongside her and from then on it's just mental. I've tried to explain the plot to other folk but there's so much going on at any one time that it's hard to describe it. It's very bingeable as every episode seems to end with a twist. Just interesting characters whom you switch between liking and disliking. Two absolute babes as well for good measure.

That might well generate a bit of interest...

Started it, quickly realised it was a Shonda Rhymes thing, left alone after that.
Can't stand the style of her productions - just a personal taste.
What is it you dislike? The only time I've been annoyed with the production was an episode where the camera was almost permanently tilted. Thankfully not a recurring theme.

Just started S3 tonight. Still thoroughly enjoying it.

On 04/01/2021 at 01:40, 19QOS19 said:

Aye, binge watched it over lockdown. Really good. So many good bits. Quite a few bits I was thinking "FFS, don't tell that person as they'll tell that person and they'll lose their shit :lol:"

Agreed with the characters changing between dislikeable and likeable. Wanting to hit them one minute and feeling sorry for them the next. Some great performances. I feel like the guy playing Asher is improvising his lines half the time :lol:

On 06/01/2021 at 01:36, 19QOS19 said:

What is it you dislike? The only time I've been annoyed with the production was an episode where the camera was almost permanently tilted. Thankfully not a recurring theme.

Just started S3 tonight. Still thoroughly enjoying it.

I'ts kinda hard to define what I don't like, now that you've asked me to think about it.

She has a tendency to shoot bits of scenes using a kind of kaleidoscope lens effect, which annoys me, well, more a PTTGOYN.  She seems to stack her shows where the vast majority of the major characters are 8/10 or better, there's no really room for ugly in her world.  Again, more of a PTTGOYN than a major thing.

Both these reasons are very petty/minor in isolation, but overall, the gut feeling I get when watching her shows is "With minor changes this could be good, but it's crap".  Again, it's just my personal taste.

I'ts kinda hard to define what I don't like, now that you've asked me to think about it.
She has a tendency to shoot bits of scenes using a kind of kaleidoscope lens effect, which annoys me, well, more a PTTGOYN.  She seems to stack her shows where the vast majority of the major characters are 8/10 or better, there's no really room for ugly in her world.  Again, more of a PTTGOYN than a major thing.
Both these reasons are very petty/minor in isolation, but overall, the gut feeling I get when watching her shows is "With minor changes this could be good, but it's crap".  Again, it's just my personal taste.
You're right on the appearance thing certainly, though I think that's a TV/Film thing in general, let's be honest! The only trait I've noticed specifically which is what I thought you were maybe referring to is when one person asks a question in a scene and it cuts to another scene where someone answers another question but it applies to the original one. That style is used quite a lot so far.

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
59 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

You're right on the appearance thing certainly, though I think that's a TV/Film thing in general, let's be honest! The only trait I've noticed specifically which is what I thought you were maybe referring to is when one person asks a question in a scene and it cuts to another scene where someone answers another question but it applies to the original one. That style is used quite a lot so far.

Have thought of another - scenes where the non-speakjng action switches between normal pace to FF and back, for no apparent reason.  Again, pretty petty in isolation, but a building block of my dislike. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/01/2021 at 01:40, 19QOS19 said:

Halfway through S2, had watched till roughly this point when it first came out and then stopped. Rebecca is the best looking in it. Lila was alright aswell but her dead body being shown loads kind of ruins that.