The RuPaul Derby

19QOS19

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

They're better than Dumbarton, Peterhead, Clyde and Forfar, despite being hamstrung by a "frustrated" dumpling of a manager.

Exactly. They have enough to let some other sides take the relegation spots but without improving they won’t threaten the better sides in the division and get into the play-offs.  Being lower mid-table jobbers is doing nothing but avoiding relegation.

Are there not actual proper journalists or presenters who can do interviews instead of Leanne Crichton? 

Certainly expected more from Queens Park but they really were pretty woeful - no shots on target according to the BBC. We obviously kept a clean sheet but the defence didnt really have an awful lot to do. I thought McKee, McCabe and Pybus really controlled the midfield and did a lot of work off the ball breaking up play.

Shields was the obvious star up front but we also saw a few glimpses of the early season Fitzpatrick.

Of course, QP would have won if Quitongo had started :rolleyes:

Of course, QP would have won if Quitongo had started :rolleyes:

It really is pathetic. The way they are analysing this is as if the bigger side has lost. A Championship side has comfortably disposed of a League 2 side. Why are they scrutinising the League 2 side's performance?!

Pleasing to note that we won't be seeing the snake 🐍 MacKinnon's face on tele for sometime to come. Twice in one season is more than enough. Queens making strides forward on the back of the 'Galloway Sponsored Bounce!'👍

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

It really is pathetic. The way they are analysing this is as if the bigger side has lost. A Championship side has comfortably disposed of a League 2 side. Why are they scrutinising the League 2 side's performance?!

You’re not from Glasgow so you’re the wee team.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

To be fair, it is rather mystifying that Queen's have been given back-to-back televised games in their first two ties in the competition. The only logical conclusion is that Lord Haughey has given the BBC a financial incentive to provide coverage on his mercenaries.

1 minute ago, embow said:

Pleasing to note that we won't be seeing the snake 🐍 MacKinnon's face on tele for sometime to come. Twice in one season is more than enough. Queens making strides forward on the back of the 'Galloway Sponsored Bounce!'👍

He'll be on The Terrace again 3 times between now and the end of the season 

Got to agree with everything said so far, QOS with a well deserved victory and it could have been more. Don't know the reason he was missing but QP really missed Slater tonight as he is normally the one capable of linking midfield and attack in transition. With Gillespie and Carroll (who was prob our best player although is a bit of a headless chicken at times at least he has dig) in there you've essentially got two holders who are never going to be the type to pick up the ball in pockets and link up with the front two. McLean had a stinker and wouldn't have hesitated to whip him off at half time. Longridge is a tidy footballer but is ineffective wide left. McHugh was a passenger, and for Murray, he still seems miles aff it. Michael Stewart was waxing lyrical about his pace, I don't think he has that anymore tbh, no doubt he will still score goals in League 2 once he is fit. Sad to see his poor challenge on McCabe towards end raking down back of his calf, don't like that. 

For the defence, Kilday is slow but a clearly unfit Grant was even slower tonight. If he is unfit surely young Morrison can do a better job for the team next to KIlday?!

I understand that our main priority is promotion, with that being said tonight was a great opportunity to advance in the cup, at home, on the telly, and we didn't even give a good showing of ourselves. Very disappointing. Well done to QOS and good to see Calvin get a run out - a player we should have held on to. Onwards and upwards. 

1 minute ago, the_bully_wee said:

To be fair, it is rather mystifying that Queen's have been given back-to-back televised games in their first two ties in the competition. The only logical conclusion is that Lord Haughey has given the BBC a financial incentive to provide coverage on his mercenaries.

I'd say it's an entirely predictable thing. They're seeing a potential "living the dream" thing here, and watching it blow up in their faces.

Wasn't in the "we're a Championship side/favourites for this game" camp, but I think we were entitled to expect to make a game of it. That was a fucking shambles. Everyone could see we were being absolutely fisted in midfield. Resorted to just hoofing it at guys who can actually play football. I was willing to write off the League Cup games. I always just treat them as an extension of pre-season and we were nowhere near settled or fit. We did not have that excuse tonight. Nowhere near good enough. Wrong team, wrong tactics. The players don't escape criticism either. Queen of the South were more aggressive than us. I can accept being outplayed, but not being outfought.

It's time to get the head down, focus on the task in hand, and stop swinging our dicks around, telling people what we're going to achieve. We've not laid a glove on any of the teams from a higher level. We've no right to expect to turn up and beat them. Of course we don't. We should be giving them something to think about, though. Embarrassed by that performance and we'll quite rightly get the pish ripped out of us. If Mark Roberts' team had put that performance in I'd have been livid.