The RuPaul Derby

19QOS19

I've always liked Quitongo as a player but the fawning over him when he was on the bench was unbearable. You'd have thought it was Lionel Messi himself who found himself behind Louis Longridge in the pecking order.

I suppose the fascination with this Queen's Park side is the fact they've recently changed from a part-time amateur club to a side with aspirations of playing in the Championship but the commentators and pundits tonight are talking them up like they're the third force in Scottish football and a fairytale, for some reason. This team of players are too good for League 2 and they'll win the division comfortably but they're also a bottom-of-the-barrel gang of jobbers who probably wouldn't play full-time football elsewhere. Other than Jai Quitongo and Simon Murray, I can't imagine even the likes of Falkirk and Partick Thistle would be interested in any of their players.

They'll be good for Queen's Park in the short term and help take them where they want to go but let's not kid ourselves here! This is a promotion-chasing League 1 side we're watching losing to a poor Championship team who appear to be getting their act together over the past few weeks.