Dundee United v Saintees 9 January 2021

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Fucking bell-ends. Wotherspoon was far and away the best Johnny tonight. Voters presumably watching on dodgy streams. Disgusting behaviour.

Wotherspoon has been ballin' all season tbf, its become the norm now.

A frustrating match, albeit not quite for the usual reasons. We were much more direct and decisive in possession. We were much more clinical in front of goal. Not many of the usual frustrations in terms of our generally uninspired build-up play. However, we've been let down by another defensive shambles and then a wonder goal which we couldn't have done anything about really. Some of our chances in the second-half really were gilt-edged - and Siegrist did well on a couple of occasions - so it's a positive that we were creating those genuinely big opportunities, but still not scoring enough goals to win a game of football.

For me, the manager simply has to be more adaptable or we're in trouble. As I said earlier, it beggars belief that this is the same Guy Melamed who has been struggling to get any first-team opportunities for us whatsoever. It does make me concerned when a manager can't recognise obvious solutions which are staring him in the face. In addition to this, we needed McCann's drive in the centre of midfield, particularly as the match wore on. When Tanser came on, the obvious choice (accepting that Callum is insistent on the back five) would have been for Booth to move into the centre, Rooney to move to the right, and McCann to be moved into the centre of midfield in place of Liam Craig who was tiring. Or, you know, we could have just changed shape. I'd understand the clamour about a back five if our defence was performing well. But it isn't. As it stands, I'd still favour an extra body further up the field.

Edited by The Real Saints

St Johnstone were easily the better side for the majority of the match, and must be puzzled they dropped points. 

Of our central midfield three, Powers was as slow as a sloth but probably the best of a very poor three. Harkes runs about doing very little, and Clark contributes nothing from open play in that position. he must be on in case we get a penalty, but we'd have to get in the box for that. 

Two very good goals though for United, but these were our only shots on target. For both sides, the referee's performance was perplexing. 

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:

Wotherspoon always plays well every time i watch him. Question is, will he fancy his chances in the Championship next season?

He probably would stay if we got relegated, and is seemingly on the verge of extending his deal despite our position.

Watching him ragdoll Championship defences next season would be incredible. A brand new batch of defenders who don't expect him to fake with his left to cut back onto his right, despite him doing it every game for a decade.

If this game happens 4 months ago you walk away feeling we've played well, lost out on the win due to a moment of absolute class and there's positive signs.

At this stage of the season, and in our situation, it becomes yet another missed opportunity.

The first United goal simply shouldnt be allowed to happen from our point of view.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He probably would stay if we got relegated, and is seemingly on the verge of extending his deal despite our position.

Watching him ragdoll Championship defences next season would be incredible. A brand new batch of defenders who don't expect him to fake with his left to cut back onto his right, despite him doing it every game for a decade.

Don't think this is happening with what's going on at Hamilton and RC.

1 minute ago, AmericanFan said:

Don't think this is happening with what's going on at Hamilton and RC.

Hamilton have won more games than us this season, while County are much improved, and should get even better if they can fire Donaldson into the sun by signing a new CB.

We need to start winning soon, rots been stopped and I think we're now 3 unbeaten in the league? But it's not enough.

Any news on Kerr? Feels like he’s been out for ages. Rooney is not a centre half and Booth is not a wing back. In isolation would be happy enough with that display but we are running out of games to get points in. Felt like Davidson didn’t have a clue what changes to make or when there. Conway for Spoony was utterly pointless.

13 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Any news on Kerr? Feels like he’s been out for ages. Rooney is not a centre half and Booth is not a wing back. In isolation would be happy enough with that display but we are running out of games to get points in. Felt like Davidson didn’t have a clue what changes to make or when there. Conway for Spoony was utterly pointless.

His chances have a horrible habit of making us weaker. Conway isn't in the same class as Wotherspoon these days, I don't think that's a change we should be making.

Edited by Kyle

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hamilton have won more games than us this season, while County are much improved, and should get even better if they can fire Donaldson into the sun by signing a new CB.

We need to start winning soon, rots been stopped and I think we're now 3 unbeaten in the league? But it's not enough.

If you say so. I'd wager y'all will be in 10th or better when the dust clears.