Dundee United v Saintees 9 January 2021

On 03/01/2021 at 15:00, PauloPerth said:

It's a sad indictment of how our season has gone when fans of yo yo clubs like Hibs, Dundee United, st mirrins and ross county are lining up to have a pop.  

OK I'll bite, I have seen utd relegated twice in 45 years, not to bad imo. 

I've no idea how old you are, but how many times in the same period have saints been relegated? 

1 minute ago, Sash83 said:

OK I'll bite, I have seen utd relegated twice in 45 years, not to bad imo. 

I've no idea how old you are, but how many times in the same period have saints been relegated? 

The history books say twice since 1985, but it's hard to remember St Johnstone ever being relegated in all honesty.  

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The history books say twice since 1985, but it's hard to remember St Johnstone ever being relegated in all honesty.  

That's not the same period though is it? 

18 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

No, but football played in the late 1970's and 80's wasn't proper football though was it?

More of a hobby or recreation in those days.

I watched games in 70's and 80's and I think games were far better then than now. I don't even remember Saints being in top div back then. Maybe a hobby right enough for your mob back then. 

Just now, Sash83 said:

Dundee fan?  I think not. 

Apologies.

The Rangers username, reminiscing about the 70s, and this being a top flight thread, got me confused.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Apologies.

The Rangers username, reminiscing about the 70s, and this being a top flight thread, got me confused.

No worries mate, sash was a nickname for a united player back then, one of my hero's 

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

The ppg scores at the bottom of the table are painfully close. Can't think it'll come to that, but if the govt have a re-think next week and shut sport down as well, a win could be crucial on Saturday...

Just had a wee look at that.  You’ll be hoping Livi’s run of form continues.

7 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Richard Gough? 

Yeah dickie gough mate, not!!!!!!  But he did play close to him, and also way before him, also gough not a hero of mine, couldn't wait to play for rangers

Edited by Sash83
Added new content

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

The main positive of the Coronavirus pandemic is that I don't need to risk my life by venturing anywhere near Tannadice.

Will PM you with a threatening stare on Saturday to make it feel more authentic.

6 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

The main positive of the Coronavirus pandemic is that I don't need to risk my life by venturing anywhere near Tannadice.

Probably don't even go to games in normal times, and you wouldn't be welcome anyway