Dundee United v Saintees 9 January 2021

6 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

United wanted a 4/5pm kick off. Referee & SPFL were fine with it. 

St Johnstone not interested, wanted to know by 1.15 if pitch was playable. 

fair enough, we have a game on tomorrow, just adding to the thread.

A stunning revelation of events which was, um, revealed yesterday.

51 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

What was that? Not listened yet

What the guy said was

The heating had been on and the covers were on for a couple of days.

The middle part of the pitch is the coolest part of the heating system (hence why it was the worst area).

The grounds staff were in at 6am and the pitch was playable at around 4pm.

Fermers demanded a decision by 1.15 and were not prepared to kick off late.

Fermers allegedly have Covid issues themselves.

ETA the players who were going to be out for this game will also miss tomorrow's game.

So im guessing they didn't want their players hanging about as they could make the Covid situation worse. 

Which is fair enough

But LOL at the inquiry demands.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

I don't think our COVID issues are a secret - we've had two players test positive. They've never said who but from what I can tell one is Jason Kerr and the other was James Brown, who I don't think had actually spent any time with the squad since joining when he tested positive. Neither of those positives seem to have had any impact on other players needing to isolate or anything like that thankfully.

I notice that for the rearranged game United's odds at the bookies are still absolutely wild. United are 3/1 for the win, at home against a team well below them in the league who can't score nearly enough goals. Saints are odds on favourites or evens at virtually every bookie. None of that makes any sense.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

What "couple days" were the covers on for? It certainly wasn't a consecutive couple, as was shown by a United player sending out pictures of the ground frozen solid on Thursday evening. 

I think the covers stay on for periods then are taken off. I'm not 100% sure but afaik they don't leave the covers on all the time to keep the air circulating around the grass.

How long was the player there for? He won't have been there all day so its possible it was while the covers were off and grounds staff were working on the pitch?

I think its fair to say the USH and covers worked within an hour of kick off, had the Fermers agreed to wait then the fame would have been played.

17 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I think its fair to say the USH and covers worked within an hour of kick off, had the Fermers agreed to wait then the fame would have been played.

Sorry I must have misread that earlier. United guaranteed the pitch would be playable at 4pm?

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Sorry I must have misread that earlier. United guaranteed the pitch would be playable at 4pm?

4 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

The heating had been on and the covers were on for a couple of days.

The middle part of the pitch is the coolest part of the heating system (hence why it was the worst area).

The grounds staff were in at 6am and the pitch was playable at around 4pm.

Fermers demanded a decision by 1.15 and were not prepared to kick off late.

Fermers allegedly have Covid issues themselves.

ETA the players who were going to be out for this game will also miss tomorrow's game.

So had they waited an hour the game could have gone ahead.

But they hadn't warmed their tractors up or something and wanted an answer by 1.15pm

The SPFL and the referee were fine with the 4pm kick off.

5 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

So had they waited an hour the game could have gone ahead.

Or - they could have waited and it wasn't playable. No doubt this guy would then say "it was playable by 5pm, it was only an extra hour. They'd waited until 4pm already." 

So, a new controversy...

A Dundee United rat has snitched on one of our fans who has been providing live streams for away matches on the 'St. Johnstone Banter' Facebook page. St Johnstone have contacted the fan and there will be no more streams from this point onwards. Who is the snitch? Granny Danger hasn't heard of Facebook so I'm ruling him out.