Dundee United v Saintees 9 January 2021

It's a strange take from Cosgrove. Not speaking on behalf of other Saints fans, but I can't even remember our most recent result. I don't think people's first thoughts would immediately go back to an USH issue ten years ago.
Football fans tend to have long memories, especially if nursing a sense of grievance

5 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

If not, all we need to say im guessing is "We trained on it Friday and it was fine. Sharp frost and -7C overnight caught us out, your honour."

If we're fined for that then everyone is in trouble.

This would make perfect sense if there wasn't pictorial evidence of the pitch already being frosted over on Friday afternoon. The forecast wasn't due to get any better that night.  By all accounts, the USH should have been turned on. Not to mention the fact that a lower-tier side had no such issues with their pitch despite being literally located on the other side of the road.

Just now, mishtergrolsch said:

I take it there's a recommended time to have the USH on from then?

If not, all we need to say im guessing is "We trained on it Friday and it was fine. Sharp frost and -7C overnight caught us out, your honour."

If we're fined for that then everyone is in trouble.

I highly doubt claiming that you didn't think a Saturday night in January would be cold, so you switched off your USH, would help you escape a fine. 

It's in the laws of the SPFL that clubs have to maintain a USH system, and use it correctly to ensure games aren't cancelled. The only times Premiership games are cancelled for a frozen pitch are when clubs haven't done that.

It beggars belief that in this day in age that a club with under soil heating cannot produce a playable pitch in time for kick off. If as being claimed the pitch would have been playable a couple of hours later WTF was the heating not turned on earlier..Can you imagine the outcry if this had  been played in front of a crowd and the inconvenience it would have caused. Spin it any way you like but this is nothing more than a cash strapped, Tinpot Outfit, who do not appear to have the resources nessecerry to maintain a place in The country's premier Division....Shocking, Simply shocking.

19 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
22 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:
It's a strange take from Cosgrove. Not speaking on behalf of other Saints fans, but I can't even remember our most recent result. I don't think people's first thoughts would immediately go back to an USH issue ten years ago.

Football fans tend to have long memories, especially if nursing a sense of grievance

This is absolute nonsense. Fake news.

Anyway, it comes as no surprise to me that Dundee United have tried to cheat the system in order to benefit themselves at our expense. It immediately brings April 2011 to the forefront of my mind, when Danny Swanson dived to get Steven Anderson sent off at Tannadice. 

Just now, The Real Saints said:

This is absolute nonsense. Fake news.

Anyway, it comes as no surprise to me that Dundee United have tried to cheat the system in order to benefit themselves at our expense. It immediately brings April 2011 to the forefront of my mind, when Danny Swanson dived to get Steven Anderson sent off at Tannadice. 

And what benefit is that? 

Your not one of those clowns from Twitter saying it was because of injuries, when all the injuries put up had missed previous games and wouldn't be back for Tuesday anyway?

10 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

It beggars belief that in this day in age that a club with under soil heating cannot produce a playable pitch in time for kick off. If as being claimed the pitch would have been playable a couple of hours later WTF was the heating not turned on earlier..Can you imagine the outcry if this had  been played in front of a crowd and the inconvenience it would have caused. Spin it any way you like but this is nothing more than a cash strapped, Tinpot Outfit, who do not appear to have the resources nessecerry to maintain a place in The country's premier Division....Shocking, Simply shocking.

Keep seeing this on here that the heating was not switched on until Saturday morning. Has this been confirmed or is it just internet guess work?

Genuine question as I haven't seen this anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

If the boot was in the other foot and McDiarmaid was frozen in a game where fans couldn't attend and rescheduled to the next week I don't think i could give less of a f**k 

Take yourself back to your relegation season where you were just desperate for the season to be over as quick as it could possibly be.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Take yourself back to your relegation season where you were just desperate for the season to be over as quick as it could possibly be.

Going back to that season, if I thought I could have prevented more suffering I' have been hiring an ice machine to freeze the pitch for every home game I could have including March to May!!

55 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

If the boot was in the other foot and McDiarmaid was frozen in a game where fans couldn't attend and rescheduled to the next week I don't think i could give less of a f**k 

I’d be seething, absolutely livid.  My keyboard would be bits.  If United didn’t call for an enquiry I’d refuse to watch them again.

I’d still post on here however.

13 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Not to mention the fact that a lower-tier side had no such issues with their pitch despite being literally located on the other side of the road.

Dens is the bright side whilst Tannadice isn't.