Dundee United v Saintees 9 January 2021

Glad to see a few United fans get in on the Spoony love in. They'll be amazed to find some saints fans don't share the love.

That all said, given all the analysis teams do, you'd think at least one side might have cottoned on to that roll over by now.

2 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

It’s just embarrassing being below clubs like St Mirren. It must be well over a decade since that’s happened.

Understandable, but let's see where things stand come the end of February. If you're still below St. Mirren, I'll be surprised.

9 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

The farmers will be no where near relegation. Fuckin state to get in

When you become accustomed to regular top six finishes, it does create something of an irrational panic when you start to struggle a bit more. It simply isn't something we're used to. 

Perfect result for St Mirren fans, keeps United within touching distance while ensuring we remain outwith St Johnstone's grasp.

A fluke 'hit and hope' catching out one of the worst keepers in the league is always a worth it for the laugh too.

We are a bad good decent team. You can probably count on one hand the games we haven't deserved anything out of yet we have just four wins.

We don't give away a lot of chances, we create plenty but we concede too many goals and don't score enough!

Ironically, one of the rare wins came in  about our worst performance, down at Rugby Park. 

This season certainly teaching the manager that winning games the hardest thing to do. Maybe he should have reacted earlier to playing well and not winning, rather than just accepting it and believing it would turn. We are now in situation where, as @RandomGuy. said above, performances like tonight don't bring much comfort as it's another game where we have taken less than we could/should have. 

Needs to keep tweaking things to turn plaudits into points and needs to try and be more influential with changes during matches, both structurally and in terms of personnel.

21 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Understandable, but let's see where things stand come the end of February. If you're still below St. Mirren, I'll be surprised.

I wouldn't. They're not going down, but St Mirren are better than them this season.

20 minutes ago, Ric said:

ensuring we remain outwith St Johnstone's grasp.

I mean, if we beat you on Saturday then we're equal on points.

The way St Mirren fans go on you'd think they were miles away from the bottom. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

@Ric has just done you there. Let that sink in and reflect on your actions. Really letting the side down. 

Edited by Radford

53 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

The farmers will be no where near relegation. Fuckin state to get in

49 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Agreed. Utter nonsense to think they will finish 12th imo with what else is going on.

Yes, because being 3 points above the automatic relegation place, and being bottom of the form table two thirds of the way through the season is usually an indication that you're going to finish way above the bottom of the league.

I'd like to think we will pull clear, but saying we are not in danger or it's guaranteed there's no way we'll get relegated is clearly the chat of imbeciles.

39 minutes ago, Radford said:

@Ric has just done you there. Let that sink in and reflect on your actions. Really letting the side down. 

14 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Very disappointed in RandomGuy here.

Reflect and come back stronger. 

RandumbGuy. IMO

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aside from your own fellow fans admonishing you for biting at Ric, this is a fucking bizarre take to say the least. 

I'd say there is not a single St. Mirren fan who feels completely comfortable. Especially with the very real possibility that we could be joint bottom going into Saturday's match if the SPFL uphold their decision on Thursday. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Some goal from Shankland.

Thought we were poor. Weak in midfield in particular, Powers was decent for a tug boat, Clark is wasted there and Harkes was Harkes.

Thought Louis did well at times and hopefully he's going to get a good run in the team.

Young Lewis has to learn to launch that ball into Arklay Street. The defence generally looked dodgy at crosses too.

Happy with a point.

The Fermers will not be going down, as much of a laugh that would be.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes, because being 3 points above the automatic relegation place, and being bottom of the form table two thirds of the way through the season is usually an indication that you're going to finish way above the bottom of the league.

I'd like to think we will pull clear, but saying we are not in danger or it's guaranteed there's no way we'll get relegated is clearly the chat of imbeciles.

l0fb.gif.0a779b495d77b0eeda3fa85defbeb4f8.gif