Dundee United v Saintees 9 January 2021

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Trust the system, clearly.

It's beyond belief now tbh.

Our best midfielder by a mile has been played as a holding midfielder, right winger, and now a wing back, all because he wants to play a back 5 that involves 2 CBs and 2 FBs.

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

You can only do that if you ignore the vast majority of the results playing it. 😂

Unfortunately for you, you've got the right man for the job in that respect considering the couple of post-match interviews I've seen from Davidson.

7 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

Is this a f**king joke???

Guess we'll find out soon, but he wedged McCann in as a wingwr v Dunfermline to play 5-2-3...

12 minutes ago, Widge said:

On the plus side, at least it allows the possibility of changing it, if it’s not working......

Yes. 
And thinking about it, McCann is the type of steady and reliable player who will do a job wherever you play him. He also might be able to deliver a telling final ball unlike most of our wing back performances this season.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like the idea of McCann’s quality taken out of centre mid, but it might be that the manager wants us to be solid and hard to break down, which Craig and Davidson sitting offers, hopefully with Spoony creating a moment of magic higher up the park.

It’s obvious Davidson only wants to play 5 at the back, starting to accept that.

As a one off, grind out a result away performance, which is exactly what we need, then it might do the job.

Yes. 
And thinking about it, McCann is the type of steady and reliable player who will do a job wherever you play him. He also might be able to deliver a telling final ball unlike most of our wing back performances this season.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like the idea of McCann’s quality taken out of centre mid, but it might be that the manager wants us to be solid and hard to break down, which Craig and Davidson sitting offers, hopefully with Spoony creating a moment of magic higher up the park.
It’s obvious Davidson only wants to play 5 at the back, starting to accept that.
As a one off, grind out a result away performance, which is exactly what we need, then it might do the job.

As someone who’d tend to consider myself an optimist, I’m in awe of yours here. Can’t see the decision to play an outstanding central midfielder in McCann in an unfamiliar position as anything other than massively wrong-headed.

On the plus side, Melamed starting brings with it at least a little intrigue I suppose.