Dundee United v Saintees 9 January 2021

Our groundsman said he offered to help try and get the pitch ready but was 'thrown out'.

The son (of our groundsman duo) has a private Twitter but he was labeling the blame at one man.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Or - they could have waited and it wasn't playable. No doubt this guy would then say "it was playable by 5pm, it was only an extra hour. They'd waited until 4pm already." 

Or it was fine at 4 and they could have played the game. Well never know because they didn't want to wait.

If they really wanted to play the game then they could have waited an hour surely?

Then they could claim we took the piss and then demand an enquiry.

They wanted the game cancelled over an hour and a half before kick off.

As already stated, the Referee was ok with a 4pm (and 5pm) kick off amd there was no issue from the SPFL.

I don't see why the Fermers have gotten their knickers in a twist about it.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

1 minute ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I don't see why they've gotten their knickers in a twist about it.

Because of the routine squads are having to go through to get games played, I'd guess. I understand why United fans are being defensive but make no mistake your club would have done exactly the same as St Johnstone. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Because of the routine squads are having to go through to get games played, I'd guess. I understand why United fans are being defensive but make no mistake your club would have done exactly the same as St Johnstone. 

But what difference does 1 hour make in the grand scheme of these routines? And what are these routines?

As said, the referee and SPFL who are the rule makers were fine with the delay.

If the club has made an arse of it then there should be sanctions, of course, but im struggling as to why waiting till 4/5pm instead of 3pm is such a big deal when there are no fans or police to worry about.

Personally I'd hope we'd just play the game and get on with it and not launch the toys.

3 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

But what difference does 1 hour make in the grand scheme of these routines? 

Whats the cut off point? When is "it's only another hour" too much, 7pm? 8pm? 

Where does the large collection of players and staff go and what do they do while they're "only waiting another hour" considering they gear up and feed for a 3pm game - and have to socially distance 2m?

The "it's only another hour" is a terrible take. United would have known the forecast and still planned and executed the preparation woefully. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Where does the large collection of players and staff go and what do they do while they're "only waiting another hour" considering they gear up and feed for a 3pm game - and have to socially distance 2m?

Star jumps, running on the spot, backwards roll, forwards roll, sideways roll (for the dimmer saintees), break dancing, look at a screen, post to pie and bovril, read a book, trainspotting, buspostting, carjacking...

Edited by Mvondo_the_great

12 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The "it's only another hour" is a terrible take. United would have known the forecast and still planned and executed the preparation woefully. 

This.

These dayglo fucks are going round in circles trying to pass the buck, it was your fault the game couldn't be played you weird orange gazelle wearing fucks.

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Our groundsman said he offered to help try and get the pitch ready but was 'thrown out'.

The son (of our groundsman duo) has a private Twitter but he was labeling the blame at one man.

What bit of difference would he have made? Can he unfreeze grass with his bare hands? Covid protocals clearly the reason. Plus did he f**k actually go and offer help. Load of shite

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

This.

These dayglo fucks are going round in circles trying to pass the buck, it was your fault the game couldn't be played you weird orange gazelle wearing fucks.

Holy moly. Do we haunt your dreams that much that you have to come on a thread that has nothing to do with your tinpot club and comment on why a game was postponed? Strange one. 

Edit to add - just realised you are a Saints fan. Still a very strange rant. All the best x

Edited by Sieb97

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

So, a new controversy...

A Dundee United rat has snitched on one of our fans who has been providing live streams for away matches on the 'St. Johnstone Banter' Facebook page. St Johnstone have contacted the fan and there will be no more streams from this point onwards. Who is the snitch? Granny Danger hasn't heard of Facebook so I'm ruling him out.

Quite right. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The cut off point is whatever the SPFL and referee say it is.

In this case, 4 or 5pm was OK with both.

The large amount of players and staff do what they would normally do before a game i assume but at a responsible 2m distance like they do at all times I hope.

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

So, a new controversy...

A Dundee United rat has snitched on one of our fans who has been providing live streams for away matches on the 'St. Johnstone Banter' Facebook page. St Johnstone have contacted the fan and there will be no more streams from this point onwards. Who is the snitch? Granny Danger hasn't heard of Facebook so I'm ruling him out.

I hope the miscreant has his tractor confiscated.

5 hours ago, Sieb97 said:

What bit of difference would he have made? Can he unfreeze grass with his bare hands? Covid protocals clearly the reason. Plus did he f**k actually go and offer help. Load of shite

Well, he probably knew what he was doing unlike the United guy tbf.