Dundee United v Saintees 9 January 2021

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Poor TRS, always playing catch up.

Ah, I wasn't sure why nobody was criticising my second pissweak wind-up attempt. Now it makes sense. It's because a Dundee United supporter did it first. 

Anyway... Maybe you could thaw the ice with your musty-smelling urine, you incontinent old buffoon.

38 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I see that you have already edited your post, however, I’m positive you’ve left out the word “gone” in the above sentence. 

Aye they were indeed awfully quiet. Less keen to shout tinpot as they were getting beat from the plumbers and joiners. 

I end up editing them all the time because I spell like a dyslexic blind person. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

I see one of the reasons given by St Johnstone for not playing at 4 or 5 was Coronavirus protocols. What difference in protocols would there be for a kickoff delayed by an hour or two?

I'm assuming maybe time spent together in a closed environment? Or difficulty in rearranging the correct transport. Not sure if we were at the ground or not 

To be honest thats a bit of stretch and not sure how a couple of hours makes a difference

25 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

I see one of the reasons given by St Johnstone for not playing at 4 or 5 was Coronavirus protocols. What difference in protocols would there be for a kickoff delayed by an hour or two?

As far as I know, clubs are only allowed to be in the stadium a certain time before kick off.

Unless United gave a certain time (saying "1 or 2 hours" isnt that) Saints would be forced to leave Tannadice and just hang about somewhere outwith the stadium until given a kick off time. Then have to go through the sterilisation process all over again. Clearly they decided that was farcical as they'd already travelled through, got to the stadium and been through the whole process.

If you'd asked for a later kick off time before Saints had travelled through, it would've been agreed, and I think that's why we're so unhappy. All United had to do was look at their pitch at some point before 1 o'clock and ask for it to be delayed.

I've still no idea why it wasn't arranged for today.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

As far as I know, clubs are only allowed to be in the stadium a certain time before kick off.

Unless United gave a certain time (saying "1 or 2 hours" isnt that) Saints would be forced to leave Tannadice and just hang about somewhere outwith the stadium until given a kick off time. Then have to go through the sterilisation process all over again. Clearly they decided that was farcical as they'd already travelled through, got to the stadium and been through the whole process.

I've still no idea why it wasn't arranged for today.

Seemingly they did. They gave two times to kickoff either 4pm or 5pm depending on what was more suitable.

Agree with the option of today though, seems a sensible option.

Just now, PartyFears2 said:

Could they have not gone across the road to the all weather pitch / dressing rooms for a light session / rest?

How many, professional, clubs are going to agree to that?

United could've resolved this whole thing by being competent and asking for a later kick off.

1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

Seemingly they did. They gave two times to kickoff either 4pm or 5pm depending on what was more suitable.

Agree with the option of today though, seems a sensible option.

I think 5pm would fall outside the guidelines, if we arrived around 1 (sure its 3-3.5hrs max in stadium before the game), don't know why theyd disagree to 4. Maybe United couldn't guarantee it would be kicking off then and Saints didnt fancy hanging about for an hour to find out?

It seemed obvious to be today from the moment they cancelled it tbh.

So really whats happened is the pitch was (unsurprisingly) frozen because it was baltic for days and the under soil heating hasn't managed to thaw it out. United have said it should be fine in an hour or two so we can kick off then.

Saints have said no and they want to investigate?

What do they want to investigate? Why its cold in January? 

Why under soil heating alone can struggle to melt days worth of ice and snow?

Think us offering to delay kick off shows we tried to work around the problem as best as we could.

Have Saints spat the dummy?

Running scared?

I don't know but with all the evidence we have at the moment, they look a bit silly.