Dundee United v Saintees 9 January 2021

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If United refuse to rearrange for tomorrow, they should face sanctions.

Embarrassing state of affairs that a top flight club can sabotage a game because they're short on players.

Is tomorrow even on the cards though? I know they done it for Rangers last season, but obviously they're a special club 

7 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Is tomorrow even on the cards though? I know they done it for Rangers last season, but obviously they're a special club 

Why wouldn't it be? No fans, and both clubs will be desperate to avoid fixture congestion surely...

Just now, tree house tam said:

Na, his name is Gordon Muir. 

f**k off.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

ErSyuO2XUAE2TrF.thumb.jpeg.7c24cd11ca06b04575fab555821b0fbc.jpeg

As half arsed an attempt to get it playable as you'll see in the top flight.

There's no way they're agreeing to play tomorrow.

Temperatures are to pick up. If it was to be postponed tomorrow as well it's hardly a hardship for anyone.

1 minute ago, Steven W said:

Temperatures are to pick up. If it was to be postponed tomorrow as well it's hardly a hardship for anyone.

If its not played this weekend, then both clubs only have 17 weeks left to play 16 league games, plus League Cup and Scottish Cup ties.

Season can't be extended due to the Euros.

If its not played this weekend, then both clubs only have 17 weeks left to play 16 league games, plus League Cup and Scottish Cup ties.
Season can't be extended due to the Euros.

How will they ever cope with that incredibly crowded schedule?

An amateurish outcome. Quite typical of Dundee United really, so we shouldn't be too surprised.

If we could do our best to replicate the events which would have otherwise occurred, that would at least be a consolation. In keeping with Saints' usual schedule, it would be appreciated if perthsaint1977 could announce our starting line-up at 2.58pm. I'll then provide live Twitter updates of the match itself, which will involve me posting absolutely nothing until 4.49pm when I'll confirm that it finished 0-0.

Just now, craigkillie said:

How will they ever cope with that incredibly crowded schedule?

The issue is what happens if one club ends up shut down for 14 days due to a Covid outbreak, which only a moron would discount at the moment.

Every postponed game increases the risk of the season going tits up.

If postponements can be avoided then everything should be done to do so, clearly that's not happened here.

The issue is what happens if one club ends up shut down for 14 days due to a Covid outbreak, which only a moron would discount at the moment.
Every postponed game increases the risk of the season going tits up.
If postponements can be avoided then everything should be done to do so, clearly that's not happened here.
They'll play the games in the several free midweek dates that are unused due to UEFA fixtures.

The only team that have the slightest worry about fixture congestion are Rangers, there is absolutely no issue for any other club unless they end up getting about 5 or 6 games called off.

I was not on the media team away rota this week but was to be posting from home.

Speaking to someone who was in the ground from 1pm there was no way the game was ever going ahead and the pitch was poor

Tuesday is the date they think it will be played

5 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Speaking to someone who was in the ground from 1pm there was no way the game was ever going ahead and the pitch was poor

Hard to believe, since it was only a "small patch" of the pitch that caused it be called off...

Spoiler

ErS9acWXYAECWJW.jpeg.eea950d7fb67887de6cdd437ba23de5c.jpeg