Dundee United v Saintees 9 January 2021

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Spoony or Conway at wing back is my guess..?  

I mean, technically we have 5 defenders even if Kerr/Brown/MOH are out.

You've got the option of

Rooney - Gordon - McCart - Booth - Tanser

as people have suggested.

FWIW, I wasn't even joking when I suggested we might see Murray Davidson as a centre back 😂

If he does wedge Wotherspoon in as a wing back, instead of just ditching the 5 at the back system, then my head will be completely detached until the sun burns out.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, technically we have 5 defenders even if Kerr/Brown/MOH are out.

You've got the option of

Rooney - Gordon - McCart - Booth - Tanser

as people have suggested.

FWIW, I wasn't even joking when I suggested we might see Murray Davidson as a centre back 😂

If he does wedge Wotherspoon in as a wing back, instead of just ditching the 5 at the back system, then my head will be completely detached until the sun burns out.

I'm looking forward to finding out.  The meltdown from 2:10pm onwards tomorrow on all Saints related social media could be quite something!

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Will be sticking a fair few quid on united. Callum Davidson has lost the plot.

I’ve been doing this for quite some time. Making coin out of this doomed experiment.

Edited by Kyle

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Be lucky if the games on. Looks like United haven't bothered with covers and USH would need to work overtime to thaw out the pitch if it does stay at - 4 tonight. 

Gutted that we would never see the mental thats about to unfold, delighted that we would never see the mental thats about to unfold.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gutted that we would never see the mental thats about to unfold, delighted that we would never see the mental thats about to unfold.

You’ll get to see it next week instead, don’t worry. 

I've given Davidson the benefit of the doubt but if it's some weird experiment with the likes of Mccann at wing back he can take his tactics piss off back down south with it. 

This arrogance to stick with this tactic despite not only after only managing something like 4 games against ft sides in 5 months but also when you've got to shoehorn players into it is something else. Sticking with it isn't unwavering belief, it's idiocy. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

You would think that in any industry, a key aim for any manager is to assemble his team in a way that brings the best out of them.

Although CD knew lots about our squad, from his very first interview he was speaking about this 5-2-3. Maybe he'd assessed things and believed that was the best option but even if he didn't, you have to say he got the players drilled into it pretty quickly. Clearly the signs of a good coach. 

But it hasn't brought results. The players are doing what is asked of them essentially and he's obviously happy with that but we haven't won enough games and I think we are looking less effective by the week. Maybe because teams are wising up to us but I suspect because the players are becoming a bit disheartened. 

He doesn't need to scrap the formation completely, it's been successful at times, but the lack of flexibility is alarming and now especially there is this suggestion he's going to stick with it tomorrow when it's going to involve a crazy team selection. 

It's going to be very interesting come 2:00pm tomorrow... 

35 minutes ago, Widge said:

Dare I say, Ali McCann could definitely play wingback. He’s got the engine and the tackling, defensive awareness.....

Don’t post things like this Widge. Davidson is just stubborn enough to do it. 

What's the story with Melamed? The lad clearly isn't shite, he has a good scoring record at a level comparable with ours, so to only get a handful of appearances in the single digit minutes when you're scoring so few goals is bizarre.

I remember him signing for St. Johnstone in the summer and thinking he was potentially a bit of a coup.

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

What's the story with Melamed? 

Nobody knows the answer to this question. Not even Callum Davidson.

Last week, he said that he doesn't trust Melamed enough to give him a start due to our position in the league and the lack of bounce games. Yesterday, he described him as 'brilliant' and says he's going to try and fit him into his plans at some point in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by The Real Saints