Dundee United v Saintees 9 January 2021

Had a look at his involvement since a positive enough start at Easter Road: 22 mins, 1 min, 8 mins, 4 mins. 
What a disappointment this signing has been. 
Anything but 5-2-3 tomorrow. 

Thought he looked good at Easter Road and good enough in the circumstances at Peterhead. One of those where you’d understand if he wasn’t getting in because we have better strikers but it’s been quarter-life-crisis Hendry and Kane consistently getting more time.

Might as well unleash him at Tannadice, would increase my interest in the game by about 10%

Clark

Conway Rooney Gordon McCart Either LB

McCann Davidson
Wotherspoon

Kane May

Is what I think he’ll think pick tho. God help us on the right

At what point does a manager go away from his "favourite" formation due to lack of availability of a particular position. At what point do you stop forcing players into less comfortable positions?

Like Mr Zamora's suggestion above, the idea of Conway or someone similar selected at wing back just seems the wrong thing to do simply to stick to a formation, that isn't exactly bringing vast amounts of success anyway. 

Is Kerr definitely not still available? If he is he'll come in and Rooney move wide. 

If you're playing a back 5, then he'd go with this I'd imagine.
Rooney - Gordon - McCart - Booth - Tanser

Is it weird that the idea of two left sided center backs in there gives me the heebies in a way that two right siders wouldn’t? Also even if that isn’t quite Conway at wing back levels of shite it’s still brutal - all 3 center backs would look uncomfortable I think in the roles we have the back 3 play by position. Imagine Gordon trying to overlap on the right wing!

I’m not one of the strongest opponents of the back 3/5 which I think has its uses and could be really strong with some key tweaks (better suited/more attacking wing backs, different instructions for the back 3) - but generally I think the manager needs to be flexible if key players are out and go to a back 4.

All of this operating under the assumption Kerr is either still self isolating or hasn’t trained for two weeks which I think isn’t a position we’d be wanting to throw him in from.

Something a bit depressing about going on to purchase this game and not having to create an account for Dundee Uniteds PPV.

First game of the season I'd, naively, thought it wouldnt be a password I'd have to remember.

Thought Melamed was fine at Hibs and Peterhead. Not outstanding but certainly not out of place. From memory he played one excellent through ball for May at Peterhead and created a chance for himself at Hibs with a nice bit of footwork - both of which I doubt Hendry/Kane would manage. I’d like to see a Melamed/May pairing start the game tomorrow, with May ideally instructed to spend his 90 minutes getting into the box between the posts and not fucking about on the half way line or the left wing.

6 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Will be sticking a fair few quid on united. Callum Davidson has lost the plot.

Genuinely excited to what player hes wedged into the back 5 😂

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Spoony or Conway at wing back is my guess..?  

I'd rather he didn't but they're at least the most sensible options from who is available. I don't think I've ever been so angry about a managers decision making. This sticking with a "philosophy" and not admitting he's wrong is astonishing.

Surely it can't be anyone else? 😬

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.