Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC (12/01/2021)

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Don't know how the team themselves would feel about it (probably happy tbh) but having a game postponed before you could practice for it and the game being back on with just over a day's notice would maybe be a little jarring.

I can almost guarantee McGlynn would be against it. He's renowned for his love of video analysis prior to matches - there's absolutely no chance he'd want to go into the game without preparing the players. 

• 2 weeks later...

And we’re back in the room!

Thankfully this is a Saturday fixture. I’m assuming we miss Hendry for this one after his sending off. Vaughan making an appearance last night was a positive.

Can we pick up any points here?

21 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

And we’re back in the room!

Thankfully this is a Saturday fixture. I’m assuming we miss Hendry for this one after his sending off. Vaughan making an appearance last night was a positive.

Can we pick up any points here?

Will we not miss Hendry for 3 games. Straight red.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Will we not miss Hendry for 3 games. Straight red.

Not sure. I don’t even know how the refereeing works these days. 

I’m just glad it’s on a Saturday. The recent midweek games haven’t been very good. Our last home win was the 5-0 defeat of Morton on 7th November. It’s been a long winter.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m just glad it’s on a Saturday. The recent midweek games haven’t been very good. Our last home win was the 5-0 defeat of Morton on 7th November. It’s been a long winter.

What’s that, you say?? A long sequence without winning a match at home and you play us next????

image.jpeg.3ff14fc23757ce011a08802536a6de6b.jpeg

Obligatory weather check: it’s meant to be cold overnight Friday into Saturday. 

I hope Raith have adequate pitch protection. No excuse for games at this level being postponed because of pitch problems. 

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

At least our traditional winter collapse is only affecting our home results this season.

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

At least our traditional winter collapse is only affecting our home results this season.

The lack of games and QoS result/performance has made it feel a tad bleak - so  I looked at the numbers and its actually quite rosy!

From November-now, we have only played three homes games in the league  and picked up 4/12 points, playing two fixtures against the top two (Morton 5-0, Pars 2-2, QoS 0-2, Hearts 0-4).

Away from home during the same period we have picked up 7/12 points (ICT 2-0, Ayr 0-0, Alloa 2-5 and Hearts 2-3).

That's 11/24 points or 1.375 points per game (extrapolated over a full 36 game season that is 49.5 points).

All in all, pretty dece... Cue the run of defeats!

Edited to insert QoS game and update figures - still dece if this is the dreaded winter collapse so far!

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

The lack of games and QoS result/performance has made it feel a tad bleak - so  I looked at the numbers and its actually quite rosy!

From November-now, we have only played three homes games in the league  and picked up 4/9 points, playing two fixtures against the top two (Morton 5-0, Pars 2-2, Hearts 0-4).

Away from home during the same period we have picked up 7/12 points (ICT 2-0, Ayr 0-0, Alloa 2-5 and Hearts 2-3).

That's 11/21 points or 1.57 points per game (extrapolated over a full 36 game season that is 56.6 points).

All in all, pretty dece... Cue the run of defeats!

We’ve played 4 home games. Add the QoS game. It’s now 4/12 points at home.

it’s really just the last two home games both of which were midweek and the number of postponements we’ve had.

Hopefully we can get back at it this weekend.

Edited by Scary Bear

Delighted with this being re-scheduled to a Saturday, means I can get the jars in - ya beauty!

As for the game, we should be much more fitter, these next few days will do us the world of good. Saturday’s result I’ll put down to adrenaline, and the buzz to be back. Tuesday, you could tell we had only trained twice in 2 1/2 weeks...

Hendry I presume will be straight away suspended for this, 2 games? Or if we appeal (nothing to appeal against) will he be available but then eventually be banned for 3? I have no idea and could be talking guff! As I thought Neilson would be out of Tuesday’s game after seeing red on Saturday but was in the dug out...

I watched the video  of the Rovers and Hearts just now, and the team looked knackered and disinterested. But hey that’s just my opinion, why Hendry felt the need to stamp on the Hearts player I’ll never know. The game on Tuesday came too quickly with the lack of training needed. Why is our home form lacking, I don’t know that either. Away from home we seem to have it together. Home we play like strangers. I’m also not complaining about the points on the board. Winning at Tynecastle was tremendous. We have to get sorted this Saturday against a very good Dundee