Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC (12/01/2021)

I believe he's just a young guy, but Fisher does hopelessly at the first goal. He lets Kennedy go short and does little more than pointing for someone else to go and cover the short pass. Ostensibly the reason he hasn't gone himself is because he's marking Benedictus, but he hasn't looked to see Bene move five yards deeper. 

Speaking of Benedictus, he's roaring at Tumilty not to hit that ball that comes out from the second short corner. Sometimes captains just have to be ignored, I guess. 

And I mentioned it at the time, but Charlie Adam's "involvement" in the Rovers' third is absolutely laughable. He literally jogs out of Spencer's way. Spraying passes about is all well and good, but if he's not even going to pretend to do the basic fundamentals, he won't be the golden boy for too much longer. 

2 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Few reflections. 

1. Spencer was excellent. And looks really suited in ‘footballing’ games. Really positive forward passes.

2. Vaughan getting through a whole game is tremendous. Was classy at times and had a good sound game. If he stays fit it’s huge. 

3. Hope Bene is a minor injury - Davo was excellent when he came on. But having Bene as back up rather than Mendy is important. 

4. We are in a really good position to finish high up the league. Checking the prize money and every position really matters, especially from 4th to 2nd. could be a great chance to push the club on. 

5. Two ‘oh ya hoor’ goals. Dancing about the streets of my living room. 

6. Big Timmy looked very decent. 

7. Buzzing for Wennesday! MON THE ROVERZZZZ

Agree with these points, but would add...

Kennedy and Abraham have something special brewing together. After only two practices, they are meshing well and reading each others intentions.

Bene is likely out till at least Arbroath, Ugwu might be back for Morton.

We really need another CB in on loan.

59 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jack Hamilton should save Tumilty's effort IMO.

24 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

A bit harsh

When you see the  from behind the goal there was a wrack of players obscuring his view

Very much agree that its harsh to say that. The shot was for almost dead center and obscured by a crowd. On the other hand, on Kennedy's goal, I see Hamilton as being a bit to far to the right, but it was never going to be an easy save anyway. Even Bene's header was an almost impossible save, as Jack was already moving right when Bene knocked it behind him.

An excellent win and tremendous we're in such a strong position. Today we were resolute and did well to bounce back from going a goal behind. Aside from that, at 1-1 there was very little in the game so it was nice to see two wonder-strikes to get the three points. The Championship strikes me as having a couple of clubs where the managers come in because they're fan favourites and get handed massive budgets only to not have a clue what they're doing. McPake is the prime example. Give me John McGlynn every day of the week. 
McPake is not a fans favourite.

I thought that Charlie Adam showed his quality at times and had some nice touches and was able to create a bit of space for himself. The main difference is that this was happening in his own half, and no matter how good the ball forward is, it was unlikely to prove fatal for us. 

There was one moment in the second half where he picked up the ball 20 yards from goal and he was immediately crowded out. Tait and Spencer did a great job on him. 

We grew into the game yesterday after a worrying start, and as the 2nd half went on we looked comfortable. I'm sure with a full squad Dundee will improve, and the quality players they have will probably drag them through into the top 4 without any real danger. That said, with the backing Mcpake has received, you can't help but wonder if a genuine title challenge could have been achieved with a better manager. 

Pleased for Spencer and Tait who were facing a big ask with Hendry out. Kennedy has obvious quality that you just don't see at this level too much. As much as I like and would have kept Ross, we have upgraded that position. 

Abraham looked fine. Took a while to get into the game, but gave us a genuine outball. Gives us something different up top. 

Finally, it's just absolutely fantastic to see Lewis Vaughan get 90 minutes on a football pitch. Cracking player, cracking lad and I don't think I've ever wanted anyone to succeed more than I do him. 

Great to be 2nd, especially following a really tough time for the club. Long way to go, but top 4 has to be main target now. Not a given by any stretch, but we look relatively well placed. 

Chuckies range of passing is phenomenal and allows him to get away with the raging process (at this level) but if his team mates aren't getting into good positions or he gets man marked out of it then he's just another average player. McMullin is a decent player and one that I've admired but other than that delicious cross for Sow he showed little, perhaps McPake has had an impact already.

No doubt Dundee have a right few decent players but McPake clearly hasn't got it, long may he stay.

Charlie Adam looks like he's at the walking football.

Abraham has a very nice touch and will be a real asset.

Kennedy has a bright future far too good for this level.

Tumulty has scored a ridiculous goal there. 

Been a good week really 6 points from 9, Vaughan has played and we have brought in some real quality on loan. 

The half-time interview on RaithTV from yesterday, like many from this season, was actually just a snippet of a larger interview.
Here is the full version, and includes a more in-depth chat with Keith Wright about his time at the Rovers and Dundee. If you would rather listen to the interview in podcast form, it will go up later today (here is the link to the channel - https://anchor.fm/raithtv/ )

On 30/01/2021 at 12:02, Wildrover said:

Feeling negative about this after the last two home games, we will persist with our passing it out from the back at all costs, our midfield will be non existent and the ball won't stick up front, Dundee will dominate the middle of the park and we will lose 4-0, Jeebus I'm away to rattle in a few beers!!  

Glad to say I don't know what I'm talking about!!, solid performance yesterday, three good goals and two crackers, don't think Dundee had the legs in midfield to press us, Kennedy was outstanding and great to see Vaughan get 90 minutes (as others have said I hope he stays major injury free, if anyone deserves it it's him), Abraham looke useful and holds the ball better than Duku, was also impressed by Dundee's Walcott, looks like they've got a good player.