Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC (12/01/2021)

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You’d really take Neilson?

With the silly money he requires and our Chairman's generous donations to his managers, too right I would.

He's lightyears ahead of McPake. Neilson is pish but pish is an upgrade.

What a result. Feared the worst after that early goal but team recovered brilliantly and those last two goals. Wow. Kai Kennedy is a really special talent and having Vaughan back is superb. Thought that Abrahams looked decent. He was dealt with very well by Walcott but he’ll not come up against that quality every week so hopefully should be able to do some damage against the rest of the league. Underlines the strength in depth we have when we can replace him with Duku. My only worry remains the defence. Can get picked apart too easily at times. 

Was wondering today whether the events of the summer helped us. A lot of chat around we didn’t deserve promotion and the whole one point thing. It’s as if the squad has used that to go f**k you and prove the doubters wrong each week. If Kennedy continues to put in performances like that then no reason why we can’t last the distance and push for a play-off. Bring on the Pars. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

I feel Walcott made Abraham look much rougher than he is. Seeing him play, and comparing to Duku, the fact he’s been active a couple of leagues above Manny was pretty clear...much superior first touch and a better vision for teammates. Timmy will be excellent, and teamed with Kennedy and Vaughan, might be very tidy against teams with less competent defenders.

Interesting to hear that they know each other from London youth team derbies (Tottenham v Fulham). Walcott won he day but I reckon Abraham will do well here, there arent many defenders of Walcott's quality in our league.

Flip side to that is, I don't think he would have ever thought he'd be in a position where his stock was high enough to generate genuine Premiership interest.  When he came in we were in a bit of a mess and the immediate focus was getting out that league. 

That said, he fits with the club right now and in hindsight the Hearts move was the wrong one for him. I'd certainly to think he sees his future here. 

Anyone who is bored should search "Mcglynn Out" (with the quotation marks) on twitter. 

Edited by CALDERON

fans who want mcglynn out need there head read he’s changed the way we play he’s been away and learned especially at Celtic not many managers could work with a budget that mcglynn has and bring in the players he does he also sells the club to players and has so many contacts just look at the squad we have the now it’s one of the best squads we have had in a long time.

8 minutes ago, Rover94 said:

fans who want mcglynn out need there head read he’s changed the way we play he’s been away and learned especially at Celtic not many managers could work with a budget that mcglynn has and bring in the players he does he also sells the club to players and has so many contacts just look at the squad we have the now it’s one of the best squads we have had in a long time.

Eh? There are none

Few reflections. 

1. Spencer was excellent. And looks really suited in ‘footballing’ games. Really positive forward passes.

2. Vaughan getting through a whole game is tremendous. Was classy at times and had a good sound game. If he stays fit it’s huge. 

3. Hope Bene is a minor injury - Davo was excellent when he came on. But having Bene as back up rather than Mendy is important. 

4. We are in a really good position to finish high up the league. Checking the prize money and every position really matters, especially from 4th to 2nd. could be a great chance to push the club on. 

5. Two ‘oh ya hoor’ goals. Dancing about the streets of my living room. 

6. Big Timmy looked very decent. 

7. Buzzing for Wennesday! MON THE ROVERZZZZ