Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC (12/01/2021)

Rovers did really well to come back from a poor performance on Tuesday. Looks like the fitness is coming back and played some really confident football. K.MacDonald got up and down the pitch much more than he has been and linked up well with Kennedy who was excellent. Vaughan getting 90 mins and looking sharp again is so good to see. Hope this can be the start of a good run and strengthen our league position.

29 minutes ago, embow said:

A "Chewmultyious" result!😄What a difference a few days make. All doom and gloom on Tuesday night and now in second place. Don't you just love fitba'? Just got to hope we can get something from along the Halbeath Road in the next game.🤔🤞🤫

Definitely not doom and gloom from me on Tuesday night. Yes it Was a hammering, but that’s what we all expected at Tynecastle in the first game...

We really are immense though. 

John . ❤️

768E32E2-DF3B-44CB-AFAF-EBCD9EBD189F.jpeg

Good game, only thing that let it down was the constant bumming of Charlie adam’s passing. Made about 2 decent passes all game and the rest were World Cup balls which could be made by most professional footballers. Get it right up him the fat baldy b*****d. ‘Big time’

Just now, SweeperDee said:

Would McGlynn come to Dundee? emoji848.png

It seems to be a weekly thing where we start discussing whether the opposition manager would do a better job!

The only manager in the league I wouldn't swap McPake for is Morton's and that's because he's a fitness coach that is only their manager because they don't have a pot to piss in. And even that was a tough choice.

9 minutes ago, Holy Marv said:

Good game, only thing that let it down was the constant bumming of Charlie adam’s passing. Made about 2 decent passes all game and the rest were World Cup balls which could be made by most professional footballers. Get it right up him the fat baldy b*****d. ‘Big time’

An interesting side effect of Hendry's suspension. I feel like Spencer is happier to mix it up physically than Hendry. Maybe not the same range of passing but did a good job of getting at Adam.

2 minutes ago, renton said:

An interesting side effect of Hendry's suspension. I feel like Spencer is happier to mix it up physically than Hendry. Maybe not the same range of passing but did a good job of getting at Adam.

Love Brad, great player! 

It took us a little while to get into our stride. Dundee seemed to be quite good at pressing us and forcing us back the way, but we looked really good once we started to play through them a bit. Did wonder when we went down to another cross, if it was worth us looking to go 5 at the back again. 3 CH’s and 2 wing backs, because there always seems to be a space between the two centre halfs we have. On saying that, two absolutely cracking finishes for the 2nd and 3rd goals.

10 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Would McGlynn come to Dundee? emoji848.png

Dundee are an absolute basketcase of a club. McGlynn could go to Dundee and do well and I'd wager he could do well but there would be an element of fans with a misconception that his style of football is industrious and stodgy. He's adored at Stark's Park and has the full backing of the board and group of players who believe in him. He left a job with more money (while being paid to travel Europe to watch football) as a scout at Celtic and has already moved away from Stark's before with little success. To take a side step to Dundee would be daft. 

1 hour ago, renton said:

Abraham looks rough as f**k but has the pace, strength and work rate to be useful I think. Spencer was tremendous today I thought. Bossed the middle.

Best player on the pitch was Walcott, strolled through it and Dundee have reason for optimism with him back there. Then again, taking off McMullen who was causing us grief, then throwing both Cummings and Mullen on reeked of desperation from McPake, especially as they didn't manage to really get any extra chances on goal out of it.

I feel Walcott made Abraham look much rougher than he is. Seeing him play, and comparing to Duku, the fact he’s been active a couple of leagues above Manny was pretty clear...much superior first touch and a better vision for teammates. Timmy will be excellent, and teamed with Kennedy and Vaughan, might be very tidy against teams with less competent defenders.

That was really enjoyable. 

A few observations :

Great to see us bounce back from that early setback. After Tuesday the heads could easily have gone down. 

Abraham worked hard and looks like he could do us a turn. He was up against a very competent defender and still looked a handful. 

Kennedy is a magnificent talent. I can't believe we've got him in.

Davo was very good when he came on.

That was some hit by Tumilty. He really has been a good signing. 

But better than all of the above was seeing Lewis Vaughan play 90 minutes in a Rovers shirt again. He's been sorely missed. 

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It seems to be a weekly thing where we start discussing whether the opposition manager would do a better job!

The only manager in the league I wouldn't swap McPake for is Morton's and that's because he's a fitness coach that is only their manager because they don't have a pot to piss in. And even that was a tough choice.

You’d really take Neilson?