Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC (12/01/2021)

4 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Delighted with this being re-scheduled to a Saturday, means I can get the jars in - ya beauty!

As for the game, we should be much more fitter, these next few days will do us the world of good. Saturday’s result I’ll put down to adrenaline, and the buzz to be back. Tuesday, you could tell we had only trained twice in 2 1/2 weeks...

Hendry I presume will be straight away suspended for this, 2 games? Or if we appeal (nothing to appeal against) will he be available but then eventually be banned for 3? I have no idea and could be talking guff! As I thought Neilson would be out of Tuesday’s game after seeing red on Saturday but was in the dug out...

Hendry misses two for a Red for violent conduct, not sure how an appeal might cause a change as the payment to appeal would be pissed away, and Rovers aren’t in a place to do that. Not sure our fitness will be hugely improved, as in back to “normal”, after just a couple of more days. Watching the two Hearts games, I suspect Matthews, Tait, Ross were all impacted harder by the shutdown or virus than the others. Davo is still recovering, as is Vaughan, and Duku also seemed a bit fitness restricted. I don’t know about the other non-playing players status, but suspect Mendy is limited too.

Hope Mendy is limited tbh.

Hoping for an improved effort today. Think a lot of our issues come from centre half, we seem so weak and lose weak as piss goals constantly - not a fan of Bene.

Hopefully Matthews is back and would love Goze back to hold the ball up and get us up the park.

Interested to see how effective we can be without Reagan perhaps we go a little more back to front.

18 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

Hope Mendy is limited tbh.

Hoping for an improved effort today. Think a lot of our issues come from centre half, we seem so weak and lose weak as piss goals constantly - not a fan of Bene.

Hopefully Matthews is back and would love Goze back to hold the ball up and get us up the park.

Interested to see how effective we can be without Reagan perhaps we go a little more back to front.

John McGlynn going for a hoofball style?! Well, I never.

Seems like a fairly new look Dundee side visiting on Saturday: Paul McMullen, some guy from Spurs with a name straight out of Dickens and now Jason Cummings.

Dee fans must be fairly happy with the backing McPake is getting.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

Seems like a fairly new look Dundee side visiting on Saturday: Paul McMullen, some guy from Spurs with a name straight out of Dickens and now Jason Cummings.

Dee fans must be fairly happy with the backing McPake is getting.

TBF, he is bringing in good players, with the odd exception.

Will be interesting to see how we line up for this with Hendry suspended and Matthews ‘touch and go.’ Assuming Matthews doesn’t make it, I would stay with the 4-2-3-1 and bring Tait in for Hendry and Ugwu for Duku, if he’s fit. Assuming Spencer would drop back into the deeper midfield role usually occupied by Hendry as I’m not sure Tait has the positional discipline yet to do so.

However, I think McGlynn will be tempted to start with the 3-4-3 that finished the game against Hearts. I think it would be a mistake given Dundee’s play a 3 in midfield and have good quality there but if Matthews doesn’t make it, I have a feeling that’s what he’ll do.

Was pretty confident we would get something from this until Dundee’s spending spree this week. Looks a much tougher ask now.