Elgin City v Ayr

itzdrk

13 minutes ago, cityloon said:

didnt see the stream but seen the stats on bbc if there correct or no looks like we didnt even manage to attack with no shots on target or even shots supposidly according to bbc sport

Nah Ayr keeper had a couple of good saves towards the end. 

Fair play to Ayr, that's a huge result and a score no one would've predicted. Good for a club like Ayr to progress this far in the cup.

Cheers bud

Cracking result for Falkirk as well managing to beat a team in the league above them. Part timers as well. Not every day that happens.

Hard to know what to take from that, Elgin were so bad they beat themselves. 

Hopefully Corrie is ok, even if he has to sit Saturday out. 

Walsh a bit shit tonight.  

Barjonas was on the pitch. 

Edited by itzdrk

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Hard to know what to take from that, Elgin were so bad they beat themselves. 

Hopefully Corrie is ok, even if he has to sit Saturday out. 

Walsh a bit shit tonight.  

Barjonas was on the pitch. 

Walsh was pretty good.  Barjonas I didn't really notice but he seemed to get singled out for praise in the post match interviews, I was admittedly more focused on the Hearts result by then.   

Elgin didn't beat themselves though, that's a daft thing to say and i'm sure you know it.   We beat them early on by starting at a very fast tempo and piling everyone forward right from kick off and they couldn't cope with it.  Elgin would have done fine if we had went there and kept lots of nice possession around the defence and midfield for 25 mins and let them settle. 

8 hours ago, Hursty said:

Walsh was pretty good.  Barjonas I didn't really notice but he seemed to get singled out for praise in the post match interviews, I was admittedly more focused on the Hearts result by then.   

Elgin didn't beat themselves though, that's a daft thing to say and i'm sure you know it.   We beat them early on by starting at a very fast tempo and piling everyone forward right from kick off and they couldn't cope with it.  Elgin would have done fine if we had went there and kept lots of nice possession around the defence and midfield for 25 mins and let them settle. 

Yep - right tactics from the start and the two resulting early goal killed them off (both well taken). Hoping too that the wanted avoidance of injuries is achieved though Corrie looked a bit down 😕

Thought the stream was really good last night, better than some in the championship as well. Picture quality was better than what we get at Somerset imo. Fella doing the commentary does a decent job given he's by himself as well. Decent value at 9.99

On the game I agree it is difficult to really think what we should be taking out of that. Felt like a mismatch from the word go, we kill the game in the first half and then the second half felt like it went on for an eternity as we had throttled right back.  Hopefully Corrie is fine for the weekend given he left the park under his own steam. Would have loved Elgin to have been fully match fit as that could have been a really decent game last night as the pitch looked excellent. Sadly the looked quite far off it, probably the same for all the clubs in league 1 and 2 just now.