Elgin City v Ayr

itzdrk

Glad we got a friendly arranged for tonight as otherwise might've been rusty. I thought Ayr would do well again with what looks like a decent squad but their recent form is not good. I watched you against Raith and was unimpressed although actually thought you had the better chances.

Aye, we haven't been impressed by our form either, or the style of play for that matter. Really struggling to get up the park and put teams under sustained pressure, coupled with a defence that gives away goals in batches of 2 or 3. It is frustrating to watch as the attacking players are clearly talented but most ayr fans are worried about this one. Dour game with few goals and a lack of excitement is my prediction.

On 07/01/2021 at 10:03, Thom & Gerry said:

P-P is my prediction.

This still the case do you think? I see a few teams have already announced pitch inspections for today/tomorrow but nothing from Elgin yet

Also is it Pixelot you boys use?

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This still the case do you think? I see a few teams have already announced pitch inspections for today/tomorrow but nothing from Elgin yet

Also is it Pixelot you boys use?

We were using Pixellot but switched to manual control (I think at half time in a game) a while back. The camera struggles to film in the standside corners a wee bit at times but the coverage is otherwise fine I'd say after a few problems at the start. The commentators vary but they're normally very neutral at least.

I don't live locally but looking at the forecast I think there's a decent chance it'll be off.

3 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Inspection at 8am. Forecast I saw was -5 overnight but Elgin usually a bit milder. We have covers but they are labour intensive to put on so they usually ask for volunteers which is a no no at the moment. I would say little chance of it being on.

Forecast on the BBC saying 6 degrees by lunchtime. If they make the decision at 8am I presume little chance of it going ahead but if they look at the forecast I would say it may be on?