Cove v Peterhead, 2/1/21

1 minute ago, SJP79 said:

Maybe Hartley will strength in the next couple of weeks with some signings , transfer window opens tonight i believe be interesting to see if the other clubs do anything. 

I hope so. All his signings are sitting on the bench every week!

How's Layne been for you? Was looking forward to seeing him play. Peterhead look decent. Will McInally try to strengthen in January and what positions?

6 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Who's looking likely to miss for you today?

As i thought missing players in important positions the ones i thought of pre-match was either Armour or Layne upfront to give us a chance of winning & keeping ball in attack, & also McKenzie at the back who when playing can dominate high balls & gives us a bit more composure at the back which is all well & fine but no use playing one week out of every three. Did not see the game so cannot really comment on the red cards we tend not to get too many favour from officials who are in general of a poor standard to all teams. 

7 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I hope so. All his signings are sitting on the bench every week!

How's Layne been for you? Was looking forward to seeing him play. Peterhead look decent. Will McInally try to strengthen in January and what positions?

He's done alright when he has played but seems to be quite injury prone, there is apparently another player who has been training with us for a few weeks but it depends on international clearance.  I doubt there will be much else happening. 

7 minutes ago, peternapper said:

As i thought missing players in important positions the ones i thought of pre-match was either Armour or Layne upfront to give us a chance of winning & keeping ball in attack, & also McKenzie at the back who when playing can dominate high balls & gives us a bit more composure at the back which is all well & fine but no use playing one week out of every three. Did not see the game so cannot really comment on the red cards we tend not to get too many favour from officials who are in general of a poor standard to all teams. 

2nd sending off seemed harsh to me. 2 yellows for dissent. I know it's unprofessional but the refs need to use discretion and be a bit more thick skinned.

Si Ferry had little to argue about. Was an awful challenge that he didn't really need to make. Even then I've seen them given as yellows.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

2nd sending off seemed harsh to me. 2 yellows for disent. I know it's unprofessional but the refs need to use discretion and be a bit more thick skinned.

Si Ferry had little to argue about. Was an awful challenge that he didn't really need to make.

As i say have not seen it someone thought it was maybe classed as last man but Jordan Brown was not far away. 

Was rubbing my hands when i noticed Rory had picked up a booking, in the past it would have been odds on ge would have nipped the refs head until he got a second one, was always frustrating when it happened but with the standard of officials you can understand players getting frustrated, with not getting to games and having to watch officials in action live reckon it should have extended my life expectancy quite a bit, have even stopped taking the tablets since Mr Stephen Finnie retired (bluetoon fans will know what i mean) 🥵 

5 hours ago, peternapper said:

Si Ferrys red from Saturday is being appealed, after watching it its felt that it was a trip that merited a yellow not a straight red,

Tend to agree with that after seeing it again. He wasn't last man. Was some professional foul mind you; he didn't get anywhere near the ball. Seem them given as yellows many a time