People with interesting careers outside of football

On 02/01/2021 at 10:57, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I think Steven Milne went through Tulliallan the same hear as my brother and is polis now

As is Robbie Raeside. 

Think Allan Main and Lee Wilkie have both been NRB'd from the rigs. Wilkie was working for DPD just before Christmas. 

Les Barr works/worked for Gillies doing the shuffle and the carpet fitting. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

Billy Pirie owned a pub in Montrose and was still working for an oil company according to an article online a couple of years ago. There was another ex footballer who had a pub in Montrose, Dave something (possibly Smith?) Who played for Rangers.

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

As is Robbie Raeside. 

Think Allan Main and Lee Wilkie have both been NRB'd from the rigs. Wilkie was working for DPD just before Christmas. 

Les Barr works/worked for Gillies doing the shuffle and the carpet fitting. 

Allan Main is still offshore. I worked with him for a bit.

Despite the title of this thread, there are very few jobs on here I’d actually count as “interesting”. Which is why I can never really blame one of our players who goes  to sign for the Old Firm. It’s probably the difference between having to work once you hang up your boots and not. 

On 02/01/2021 at 17:55, johnnydun said:

Russell Anderson became a sales rep for some blasting/painting company.

John Hewitt owns Team Recruitment (I think) along with Doug Rougvie (I think).

Andy Dow worked affshore.

Not sure about Hewitt's involvement with Team, but he currently works for Repsol Sinopec in Aberdeen

I saw Paul Hegarty driving a Plumb Centre van along the Clepington Road about 5 years ago. He may have just stolen it though.

Ex Forfar hotshot John Clark used to drink a lot in the Queen Anne in Dundee once he retired from the fitba. Never seemed to be working though so maybe he became a professional drinker.

On 02/01/2021 at 17:55, johnnydun said:

Russell Anderson became a sales rep for some blasting/painting company.

John Hewitt owns Team Recruitment (I think) along with Doug Rougvie (I think).

Andy Dow worked affshore.

Team recruitment was wholly owned by a Terry Allan from creation in 1997 until last year when a Cheryl Donaldson took a majority interest. Someone's been telling you made up stories. 

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Team recruitment was wholly owned by a Terry Allan from creation in 1997 until last year when a Cheryl Donaldson took a majority interest. Someone's been telling you made up stories. 

Must've been Tulloch then, I'm sure they shared a building with Team? 

Edit; John Hewitt was a Director of Team from 2005 - 2006 according to Companies House.

Edited by johnnydun

Just now, johnnydun said:

Must've been Tulloch then, I'm sure they shared a building with Team?

Tulloch Recruitment Ltd owns both shares in Team Recruitment (Aberdeen) Ltd. Team recruitment (Aberdeen) Ltd has 1000 shares in issue which were owned by Mr Allan 1997-2019, when Sllp 246 Ltd acquired them. Sllp 246 is owned by Ms Donaldson and Mr Allan, with Ms Donaldson having a majority.   

This is all from Companies house. The "transparency" rules that Cameron/Osborne introduced mean you can't see minority share holders any more so it is possible that other people could own less than 25% of the shares in Sllp 246 Ltd. These people could include Hewitt and Rougvie.

In the unlikely event that they do have shares then i apologise for calling your source a liar. 

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Tulloch Recruitment Ltd owns both shares in Team Recruitment (Aberdeen) Ltd. Team recruitment (Aberdeen) Ltd has 1000 shares in issue which were owned by Mr Allan 1997-2019, when Sllp 246 Ltd acquired them. Sllp 246 is owned by Ms Donaldson and Mr Allan, with Ms Donaldson having a majority.   

This is all from Companies house. The "transparency" rules that Cameron/Osborne introduced mean you can't see minority share holders any more so it is possible that other people could own less than 25% of the shares in Sllp 246 Ltd. These people could include Hewitt and Rougvie.

In the unlikely event that they do have shares then i apologise for calling your source a liar. 

Apology accepted! Haha.

On 05/01/2021 at 00:49, AngusTheBull said:

I always thought Russell Anderson became an accountant, though somebody said he’s a salesman. 

He's now an Independent Financial Advisor. Not sure what he did before but I thought he was involved with the Dons in some Business Development capacity. 

On 05/01/2021 at 10:53, Big Shedboy said:

Not sure about Hewitt's involvement with Team, but he currently works for Repsol Sinopec in Aberdeen

Repsol Sinopec? Great player in the 1976 Czechoslovakia team. Also a Manchester indie band in the late 80s, John Peel thought they were "mediocre".  

On 05/01/2021 at 01:38, Aidan said:

Billy Pirie owned a pub in Montrose and was still working for an oil company according to an article online a couple of years ago. There was another ex footballer who had a pub in Montrose, Dave something (possibly Smith?) Who played for Rangers.

This the Dave Smith you are referring to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Smith_(footballer,_born_1943)

Ex-referee Andrew Waddell was a pathologist at Edinburgh University as a researcher & lecturer & has since gone on to hold high up roles at medical organisations within the private sector. Still involved with football currently holding a role with Edinburgh Uni AFC & before that Preston Athletic.

On 04/01/2021 at 13:03, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Think the guy's name was Eddie Morrison (possibly Killie player). He used to deliver the Evening Times to the paper boys in Linwood early-mid 70s in his wee ET van.

And then did he go home?