Dundee vs. Bonnyrigg Rose

5 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

I wonder what the whole dynamic is in the dressing room now that Charlie’s in there who seemingly has a far superior football knowledge to McPake. Now he’s doing the interviews. Is Charles planning to overthrow the regime? On another night we tuck away some of the numerous chances and would have won comfortably. Credit to Bonnyrigg who made it a proper cup tie. 

McPake knows Charlie is carrying this side big time. Great interview from Charlie and obviously spot on. 

4 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

What did he say?

Meh. He just gave a softer version of what Adam said. Wasn't good enough, Bonnyrigg were the better side but we are in the hat. It was never a penalty for the first one but we couldn't have moaned if it put us out.

As for what he was saying to Crichton, I've no idea but both were giggling away and then McPake looked awkward as f**k when he had to compose himself.

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

@Munoz trying harder here than any of the players on the park. Dearie me.

Not that bothered to be honest.  Just enjoyed a game with two plucky wee teams going for it.

Made for good theatre. 

giphy (1).gif

As tortuous as that was tonight, I will say one thing - that's the most invested I've been in a game since football was stopped. 

So far, watching at home hasn't engaged me the same as being at the game. Goals are met with a muted "yes", and when we conceded a late equaliser at home to Raith early in the season, I could barely muster the energy to emit a disappointed whimper; whereas if I'd been at the game, I'd have been close to launching my seat into orbit (really, not really). Even last week felt a bit sterile, despite us handing Hearts their arses on a plate. 

Tonight, though, I was kicking every ball, screaming for pelanties, was just about needing a new TV every time Sow headed high and/or wide, and actually cheered our goals.

And I feel like I normally feel after having been at a game like that. Knackered and in need of a drink.

Tonight might just have been the booster I needed to keep me properly engaged with football until we're allowed back. 

For anybody who supported any of those 2 teams that must have been a nailbiter ..Would have loved for it to go to penalties as the Rose keeper was brilliant.. Anyhow , that was brilliant entertainment and just glad it was on T.v.. Scottish cup how it should be , pity no fans though..

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Thank f**k for COVID on this particular night, we'd definitely be losing the replay in normal circumstances.

We'd have lost in 90 minutes with a toxic crowd on the players' backs.

1 minute ago, The Master said:

We'd have lost in 90 minutes with a toxic crowd on the players' backs.

Not wrong. If we get promoted this season it'll be at least partly because of that reason too.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

That's me just come down from the walls.

Credit to fatty in goals (although he is slimmer than me!), kept them in it.

Good entertainment! I don't know if I would have rathered a 5-0 walk in the park. The main thing is we are through and can look forward to the draw.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

As tortuous as that was tonight, I will say one thing - that's the most invested I've been in a game since football was stopped. 

So far, watching at home hasn't engaged me the same as being at the game. Goals are met with a muted "yes", and when we conceded a late equaliser at home to Raith early in the season, I could barely muster the energy to emit a disappointed whimper; whereas if I'd been at the game, I'd have been close to launching my seat into orbit (really, not really). Even last week felt a bit sterile, despite us handing Hearts their arses on a plate. 

Tonight, though, I was kicking every ball, screaming for pelanties, was just about needing a new TV every time Sow headed high and/or wide, and actually cheered our goals.

And I feel like I normally feel after having been at a game like that. Knackered and in need of a drink.

Tonight might just have been the booster I needed to keep me properly engaged with football until we're allowed back. 

I think I get what you mean with that. Wonder if its as simple as being that a televised game, even one on Alba, stands out as a bit more of a special occasion than any of the club feeds; mad as it may sound a lot of the time when I've ended up streaming a game this season I just start losing interest part of the way through it, find it unbelievably tempting to start arsing around on P&B since when I've got the stream on it's on the desktop machine. Doesn't help that its a piece of piss to right click, open up a new tab and start checking the match thread on P&B for instance.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

We played Bonnyrigg in the cup last season and I thought their goalie was pretty solid. Unbelievable performance from him yesterday though - that save from Afolabi before he knocked in the rebound is one of the best I've ever seen. 

11 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

A Rose fan had 1-0 and correct scorer,lost £1755 in added time 

200.gif

11 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

It just hasn't happened for you tonight mate. Time to let it go

Hasn't happened for him on this site for fucking years, tbf. 

Edited by Mr. Alli