Dundee vs. Bonnyrigg Rose

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

What's the script with this keeper? Who was he at as a youth? I'm assuming he's playing out of his skin rather than his standard as he'd easily be a top flight, top end keeper based on tonight.

To be fair he looks like a bang average keeper having an unbelievable night. He’s had a few questionable spillages of the ball

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What's the script with this keeper? Who was he at as a youth? I'm assuming he's playing out of his skin rather than his standard as he'd easily be a top flight, top end keeper based on tonight.

Was in the Killie & Rangers youth systems. Had spells with Bonnyrigg & Arniston Rangers before a few years in the USA with Bethel University in the NCAA  & Wichita FC in the US 4th tier. Returned to Bonnyrigg after his stint stateside.

Edited by GNU_Linux

3 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

McPake was 90 seconds away from getting sacked there surely. 

Unlucky lads.

You fail to realise the love Nelms has for McPake.

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

That was as good as that Seaman save vs Sheff Utd the English always rave about.

Yep, said as much earlier.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

To be fair he looks like a bang average keeper having an unbelievable night. He’s had a few questionable spillages of the ball

True, but other than Craig Gordon, is there a keeper in our league that hasn't had the scary moments he's had in our league? Bang average is a considerable upgrade on the standard IMO.

That keeper, how old is he?
Get him a trainer and a contract. Deserves the chance at a higher level after his performance tonight.
Quick Google says he was a The Rangers youth player before quickly dropping to Rose. He then pissed off to what I assume (going by team names) was America before coming back to Rose. 29 so I'd imagine he has a decent job outside football if he hasn't pursued a higher level career.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf Bonnyriggs number 9 spent 3 separate occasions rolling about the ground.

The big Lewis Capaldi looking chap? He's either no very subtle at timewasting or he's an absolute soldier with the amount of "knocks" he's bounced back from tonight. Gutted for Bonnyrigg as everyone likes an upset and that keeper deserves to go through for his performance tonight