Dons v Utd. An appreciation of Stuart Duff.

We don’t need more crosses. We need better crosses and better attackers. I actually thought we played very well first half, got plenty of decent crosses in, and worked a couple of good openings.

Hedges has been terrific all season and he was very good again today. For him to end up playing RWB in order to shoehorn in both Cosgrove and Main/Edmundson is criminal from McInnes. It’s clear that he’s most effective up the pitch and as centrally as possible. Wright offered a little once he came on, but didn’t look sharp. McGinn was ok first half too, but summed it up when he managed to get into the box second half and duly fell over instead of crossing. Maybe this is what McInnes was talking about. 

The good thing we can take from this is that defensively we are still very solid. Taylor has been excellent for the majority of the season and Considine and Hoban offer a good balance. Kennedy baffles me going forward, what sort of a player is he?! But defensively him and Hayes do well at breaking up attacks up the park. 

Ferguson good defensively today, but disappointing going forward, as well as McCrorie who was very poor. 

I’m reasonably happy that we don’t look like we need a massive overhaul to start doing well, but I’m pissed off that we’ve had a lot of opportunities to pick up easy points and thrown them away. Second really isn’t out of our reach this season, but games like this mean we’ll really struggle. 
Sums up my thoughts perfectly my good man. Chapeau.

Frustrating but hey ho. The best thing about today was still Stuart Duff so let's not let a dull 0-0 get in the way of appreciating the great man.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

He also looks slightly malnourished 

It may be so, but he didn't ruin today's game in the same way that idiot Muir did last week. 

I generally like Clancy as a referee. He at least tries to let the game flow. 

13 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It may be so, but he didn't ruin today's game in the same way that idiot Muir did last week. 

I generally like Clancy as a referee. He at least tries to let the game flow. 

Credit where it’s due the game was poor, but not due to the referee. He had a good game.

Edited by Don exotic