Staggies v St J's - 2nd Jan

1 minute ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Bryson on for Conway? Anyone? Anyone know why? Anyone?

I've absolutely no idea what shape we're now playing.

It looks for all the world like we've decided to sort the mess in the middle by playing without a right winger.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've absolutely no idea what shape we're now playing.

It looks for all the world like we've decided to sort the mess in the middle by playing without a right winger.

And of course, the now unmarked left back has space near our box.

I get more worried by Davidson every week.

That free kick at the end sums up the decision making in our team. Ten seconds to go-literally the last kick and a chance to put everyone in the box and launch it in, abs you do that? For fucks sake. We’re probably due a slice of luck at some stage in front of goal but you’re not going to get that if you make cretinous decisions like that.

That second half was one way traffic but yet again we fail to convert the chances we do make, we fail to create enough overall, and we rely on Zander bailing us out with one extremely good save.

After watching him, the only positive I can take is Shaun Rooney at right back might actually help us. He commits players and is a bulldozer. At centre back we get countered on a lot down his side. With a little less covering to do it might actually help him.  

Other than that, another poor performance. Second half was a marked improvement, but still lucky we didn’t lose. We need to find some actual grit and goals otherwise we’re heading down. Worryingly, other than Spoony coming on, every single decision Davidson made hindered us, it looks like he’s lost faith in himself more than anything. 

Kane indeed does do all the hard work and the manager can rely on him to work hard etc like he said.

What can't he rely on him to do though? Score. You can chase lost causes all you like. Goals win games. 

First half after another shambles of a goal to give away I thought it was about to be yet another 1-0 defeat. County gifted us a way back into the game. Then with a fairly good second half performance we should have won the game but as usual we don't. 

MOH - wasted shirt. He simply doesn't have the game intelligence to play the role he's been asked to play. Massive difference with Spoony.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

It's beyond luck now. You can't keep leaving players unmarked in the box, and miss the target with almost every shot you get in the box, and expect anything.

We arguably win the game if, at any point, we'd worked on defending throw ins after conceding two almost identical goals last month. But yet again we leave someone free near the penalty spot.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Would gladly swap him for Hughes right now.  

No, you wouldn't.

You'd be playing Vigurs at LCB and wingers as centre forwards simply so he can blindly stick to a set up that leaves us wide open on counter attacks.