Staggies v St J's - 2nd Jan

I'd be wanting 4-4-2, again. Our full backs can't beat men, our wingers can, and all our strikers need to play with a partner but also play central.

It just seems incredibly illogical to me that we weaken ourselves both wide, and through the middle, by playing 5 at the back so often.

Clark

McNamara - Gordon - McCart - Booth

MOH - McCann - Davidson - Wotherspoon 

May - Kane

Get wingers attacking full backs, our full backs overlapping, CMs pick and choose when they get forward/sit, both attackers stay in the box.

Edited by RandomGuy.

First time - injuries withstanding - that I've been disappointed if a team selection this season. Have not always necessarily agreed with the lines but never this sense of disappointment. 

We'll see how it goes. A defeat and the manager will really need to try something else. 

Wonder if May getting dropped and taken off in the last game suggests Davidson is disappointed with what he’s doing. Maybe suggests that he’s been told to stay central and in the box, but is routinely ignoring the managers instructions. 

It does worry me that yet another manager has identified Kane as having qualities and ability he wants in a team. Yet again the ability to run and challenge defenders is primarily been put ahead of actually scoring goals. O’Halloran once again owes the manager, fans and team a performance. 

12 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Christ knows what formation Yogi is attempting today.

It looks like you're playing 3 in the middle of the park, which is wise considering one of them will be able to spend 90 minutes completely unmarked between our defence and midfield.

It's like every time Davidson sees a new problem he completely forgets about an old one.

"Oh, there's a giant gaping hole in the middle of the park, better go 5-3-2!"

2 weeks pass

"Oh, our strikers are being dragged all over the place because our wing backs are isolated on the wings, better go 5-2-3!"

On an endless loop forever, until we're either relegation or he realises it's not against the law to play a back 4.

Edited by RandomGuy.

8 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Honestly. That front three is dispiriting. Sticking a tenner on zero St. Johnstone goals right now.

We've not looked deadly in front of goal all season but if I was asked to name 3 attacking players I have least faith to finish an important chance, it would be those 3. 

Conway is the king of ballooning the ball miles over the bar, MOH Mr Miss-hit & Kane's goal record speaks for itself - although he's at least scored a couple recently so hopefully he can continue the occasional goal!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Stevie May would be guarnteed a goal today if he started- we've never figured out he likes those short arcing runs to beat centre halves and fall for it at least once a game.