Staggies v St J's - 2nd Jan

Last season we came up to Dingwall under TW, battered County but couldn't win.

Football is weird, so I expect us to scab a 1-0 shitfest win in a game we barely deserve a point from.

We have battered them in every game since they returned to the league. It's incredible that we don't have a win to show for it but fair play to County for picking up the points they have against us. I looked the other day and the combined shot count over the past four meetings was something like 65 to 20 in our favour. 

We're surely due a result against them but also a poor performance worryingly. 

Can Zander Clark make it three decent performances in a row? Can a striker hit the target? Can Iain Vigurs go another game against us committing about a dozen fouls and not getting a red card?

I don't understand how our record over the last couple of years is so good against St. Johnstone, were about the only team last season we could get results against despite generally being played off the park for huge chunks of games.

Same team, please. they're in even worse form than we are over the last few games so this is one we really need to get three points from.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Can Iain Vigurs go another game against us committing about a dozen fouls and not getting a red card?

I notice in the Hibs highlights midweek he smashed someone while on a booking - at least as bad a tackle as Hendry’s second yellow last week - and got away with it yet again!

As said above, last season and earlier this term we were streets ahead of County in every game and haven’t had the results. Can only hope that changes and we get the shree points tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I notice in the Hibs highlights midweek he smashed someone while on a booking - at least as bad a tackle as Hendry’s second yellow last week - and got away with it yet again!

We're due a break with refs.

Late tackle on McCann v Hamilton would be a straight red for us this season, far worse than Kerrs straight red, for example, yet I don't think it even brought a booking.

John Hughes loves 6 passes where 1 would suffice, and we’ve been a wee bit like that at times this season, so this might be more like AC Milan v Lazio than Dingwall v Perth.

Or maybe not.

Let them have possession in areas that don’t hurt us and pick them off and do them on the counter. MOH might be useful for that.  I think Davidson will revert to his favoured 5-2-3 here with a view to pressing the county defenders.  I don’t care anymore, I’d just like to see us take all 3 points.

As others have said, we are long overdue a shitfest victory over County as we’ve battered them repeatedly without a single win in the last 4-5 matches.

Tommy Wright deserves an enormous amount of credit for putting Perth on the map for something other than being a silly wee place that exists solely as a transit hub for travellers going between the actual Highlands and the central belt.

Yoda's onto something here.. there's not enough transport infrastructure related animosity in Scottish football.
Has the town of ross even got a bypass ffs?

200.gif&key=81a6c123a5404c8737aa145e3d4a3ce462918cc5fb028ae78c387bda4610d7be

3rd exit at the Tore roundabout northbound m8.

Yoda spot on though, Perth no much cop apart from Broxden and the Maccies up the hill. Fermers.

My eternal optimism means I’m looking forward to this - even though I think the last league game I watched us win was the ice hockey game at New Douglas Park months ago. We could really use a win, though I imagine rightly or wrongly Davidson wouldn’t be too unhappy with getting a point on the board alongside a good performance and (please!) a goal.

A few selection dilemmas. He’s definitely starting with the back 3/5 whatever people think of it and the injury/COVID situation means that picks itself with Booth/McN wing backs and Rooney filling in for Kerr again.

Further forward is tricker. Last few games we’ve moved away from the 5-2-3 a little in favour of an extra body in the midfield and two conventional strikers instead of one flanked by wingers. If we continue with that I imagine today will be one game too many for Liam Craig who has come in and done well as a holding midfielder, but I’m not sure if there’s anyone else in our squad that can play that role? Maybe Bryson? The other two in the 3 have been McCann and Wotherspoon with more freedom to roam than Craig has had, which makes me uneasy about the prospect of Davidson or Bryson being able to slot in for Craig.

Up top, May will play whatever the system. If it’s a 5-2-3 Wotherspoon will be on the left and MOH or Conway on the right (I’d pick MOH). If it’s more of a 5-3-2 maybe another game for Kane, who seems to have earned the managers trust - the other option there is Melamed but I don’t think anyone expects that to happen..

So basically

Back 5 and Goalie

McCann ? Wotherspoon

May Kane

OR

Back 5 and goalie

McCann ?

Conway/MOH Wotherspoon

May