Killie v St Mirren

I thought that was the poorest I've seen from St Mirren in a while, which makes the result even more annoying. They were particularly awful in the first half and we should have been further ahead with some better decision making. In the second half we tired a bit and St Mirren came into it more, and that's when Dyer should have been changing things and just bringing on some legs in the middle.

On the goal, it's awful decision making from Rogers. He's generally been OK for us, but I sometimes think he's being judged relative to the fact that he's a Championship level keeper rather than on how you would expect a Premiership player to perform. That's two home games in a row he's given away unforgivable goals. Having said all that, I'm not actually convinced it was in. His body position makes it look like it is, but I reckon he does enough with his hands to keep it out. Will be interesting to see if there's a better angle than what we saw.

27 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Dyer using minimal subs then trying to hold out when he could disrupt the flow of the game throu changes..... The amount of late goals against us should set alarm bells ringing that clinging on doesn't work.

His in game management is appalling bordering on negligent..... 

Aye he should have subbed the keeper.

28 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

From the BBC:

'But with seconds remaining, St Mirren earned an unlikely point.'

Wonderful. 

Absolutely. Imagine it was a normal season and we were at home to Killie on a freezing cold winter day. The taste of Hogmanay black bun and copious amounts of Breaker Malt Liquor still fresh in the mind. Imagine the visitors were playing a bit keech and we were reasonably comfortable at 1-0 up. Imagine, as the stadium is emptying with seconds left, Alnwick makes a cnut of it and the packed away end erupts in a massive ‘GIFUY’ roar, while Alnwick hangs his head and several Saints players put their heads in their hands. Now imagine the remainder of our support en masse, leave their seats and shuffle off while the celebrating Killie players head over to a bouncing away end.... now imagine us donning our Dick Turpin masks and mugging them off on their patch in exactly that fashion....

I’m away for a celebration packet of Twiglets and a Babycham. Damn right.

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

That's an issue of perspective though. No part of McGrath's body would be a goal if he was the ball, so it's a matter of how close to him the actual ball is. Rogers is holding it out from his own body at that point

Good one!:lol:

Once again Dyer gets shown up for his game management. I don't know how many substitutions we've used in total this season but it must be the lowest number in the league by a distance.

St. Mirren were changing things and trying to be positive in the second half and what did we do about it? Nothing. The equaliser is a rotten one to lose, but if you're a neutral watching the game you'd say a draw was a fair result - but when you're winning, no matter how deservedly, you've got to see it out. If there were fans at the game it might have put some pressure on Dyer to make a change but alas no, and now it's on to a tricky test against Hamilton.