Killie v St Mirren

Poorest Saints have been all season - I think even in our long run of defeats we didn’t play quite as badly.
So delighted with that point.
Did look like Rodgers took the ball over the line. Strangely it was his second movement that seemed to do it when he bizarrely started to bring the ball to his chest.
I think we have been worse than that tbh. Tait going off definitely disrupted us.

Got to give Killie credit, they are a bit like ourselves. Once they get into the lead they can be a nightmare to breakdown.

Difference is now we have a competitive bench to change things up.

Ignoring the comedy way in which we relinquished three points, the officiating in that game was some of the worst I've seen in quite some time. Did he have a fucking 8-ball to make decisions? Both teams' players just looked constantly perplexed at the decisions being made, the ref was more out of his depth than the man in the home dugout, and that's saying something. 

Ignoring the comedy way in which we relinquished three points, the officiating in that game was some of the worst I've seen in quite some time. Did he have a fucking 8-ball to make decisions? Both teams' players just looked constantly perplexed at the decisions being made, the ref was more out of his depth than the man in the home dugout, and that's saying something. 
Aye the amount of soft fouls he was giving disrupted the game. Erhahon just fell over the ball 3 times and won a free kick no questions asked.

Then again both teams were at it a bit so if they sense the ref is buying it they'll keep rolling about trying to win free kicks.

1 minute ago, David Merdy's Boots said:

Totally agree. I wonder why these refs never get baptised in the Glasgow derby. 

He really didn't know what he was doing. 

1 minute ago, David Merdy's Boots said:

I was thinking this throughout the game but it just goes to show you how perspective works as I thought he was far too keen to give 50/50 challenges in favour of Killie.

From a Saints point of view, one positive was Dennis. He seemed far more capable of holding up the ball than Erwin and it's a shame Goodwin isn't favouring Dennis and Obika as a front two. I continue to wonder how Erwin keeps getting a gig. He must be amazing in training.

7 minutes ago, Munoz said:

What game were you watching? Yes we were poor,  but Killie definitely weren't any better. 

The draw was the fair result.

We didn't cope with the pitch at all well for the first 60 mins. I know its the same for both sides but I'm certain it contributed to us looking much worse than we have for weeks, in terms of passing and lack of creativity.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I was thinking this throughout the game but it just goes to show you how perspective works as I thought he was far too keen to give 50/50 challenges in favour of Killie.

From a Saints point of view, one positive was Dennis. He seemed far more capable of holding up the ball than Erwin and it's a shame Goodwin isn't favouring Dennis and Obika as a front two. I continue to wonder how Erwin keeps getting a gig. He must be amazing in training.

The 1st half I agree with your opinion of the ref- the 2nd he was shite for both teams. Out his depth. 

3 minutes ago, David Merdy's Boots said:

Craig Napier was apparently the cause of many a riot while officiating in the Juniors.

He was abysmal today.

Dreadful game - refereed in the same manner. Will take the point even though we created next to nothing. I thought our only decent player today was Marcus Fraser, I think he’s been a pretty steady performer in the team over the course of the season.
Taking off Connolly stumped any threat we had down the left as Mason wasn’t for going forward given he was having a torrid time with Burke.

Edit: talking pish about Rogers, he was a Stubbs signing. I knew it was between him & Rae. As most shite signings are.

1 minute ago, AllyM said:

We didn't cope with the pitch at all well for the first 60 mins. I know its the same for both sides but I'm certain it contributed to us looking much worse than we have for weeks, in terms of passing and lack of creativity.

No arguments from me, but as I said,  the draw was the fair result. 

So dejected after throwing away the three points. Overall we did pretty well in the first half and played some decent football for once, unfortunately we receded in the second half back to the mean, I would have brought on Pinnock to give us some more fresh legs in the second half to try and get us up the park more to nick a goal. 

18 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

One of the least deserved points we’ve ever had but we’ll take it, that was funny as f**k.

We have to be miles better than that in the next few games. It shows how important Tait is to the team and how bad we are in midfield when Erhahon and Doyle-Hayes aren’t at their best.

Mason had a nightmare but he was hung out to dry a bit, he had no support from McAllister or Connolly ahead of him. Very odd subs from Jim again too.

I thought 3/4 subs were ok but in the wrong order. Should maybe have had McPherson on for Tait, then McAllister and Dennis on for Erhahon and Connolly after about 60 mins. I wouldn't have troubled with Erwin at all, unless Obika was lying unconscious on the half-way line and even then it's a close call.

Edited by AllyM

19 minutes ago, Munoz said:

What game were you watching? Yes we were poor,  but Killie definitely weren't any better. 

The draw was the fair result.

I don't agree, Killie played some good stuff in the first half and I thought Mulumbu kept the midfield really quiet. They weren't great but were pretty obviously the better team.

Dyer using minimal subs then trying to hold out when he could disrupt the flow of the game throu changes..... The amount of late goals against us should set alarm bells ringing that clinging on doesn't work.

His in game management is appalling bordering on negligent..... 

Edited by C4mmy31

1 minute ago, billyg said:

Two shite teams today , if there was ever a game when both team deserve no points , that was it !

Looking on the bright side, if that game had been scheduled for October, we'd both have been awarded 0-3 losses

11 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

I don't agree, Killie played some good stuff in the first half and I thought Mulumbu kept the midfield really quiet. They weren't great but were pretty obviously the better team.

You reckon.....

Screenshot_20210102-173614_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Where the hell did we pick up this great habit of late goals. Very unlike Saints in my 40 odd years watching. Taking a point when miles from your best, away from home, on a frozen plastic pitch yip I will take that all day long.

It's similar to the Tom Hendrie season in the Championship. Long may it continue.