Killie v St Mirren

10 hours ago, Lex said:

Good point. Perhaps I just pointlessly fantasise about a world where Morton, Ayr, Killie and Saints are all in the top flight. What a west coast alliance that would be. Then we could all get the right matches on new year, and imagine them away days.

One of my (much) older Saints supporting friends does tell me that in the 50’s that the real rivalry was Saints and Killie. The Morton thing only really came about in the 70’s and 80’s.

That would be great if it could happen again, sadly I don't think it will 

When I was young (60s) Killie v St Mirren was the traditional New Years day game, which was great as I stayed next to Paisley.   I barely remember much rivalry between St Mirren and Morton until the late 70s/early 80s when Morton had a really good team. 

For the second match day in a row is the only postponed game in the top flight going to be on an artificial surface?

Livi then Killie - plastic is not fantastic.

Really hoping the game's on just to avoid ten pages of tedious plastic pitch chat.
Tedious it may be but 100% valid. Utterly pointless having a pitch that you cannot prevent freezing in this country. Why wasn't it covered if they know it freezes, simple solution. Managed to cover miles of track 10 miles down the road at Ayr racecourse. It's utterly pathetic. Amateurish Scottisg football at it's finest.

Tedious it may be but 100% valid. Utterly pointless having a pitch that you cannot prevent freezing in this country. Why wasn't it covered if they know it freezes, simple solution. Managed to cover miles of track 10 miles down the road at Ayr racecourse. It's utterly pathetic. Amateurish Scottisg football at it's finest.
Ayr races gone lol

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
53 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:
Really hoping the game's on just to avoid ten pages of tedious plastic pitch chat.

Theres plenty of grass parks which have had games postponed today. Are they also a disgrace? Sometimes you can’t help the weather.

Also, The Ayr meeting has been abandoned due to a frozen course.....

Just now, Spam_Valley said:

Theres plenty of grass parks which have had games postponed today. Are they also a disgrace? Sometimes you can’t help the weather.

Also, The Ayr meeting has been abandoned due to a frozen course.....

None of the clubs who have grass parks with games off play in leagues that have a requirement for undersoil heating though.

Some have undersoil heating, some don't but none are obligated to use it. Premiership clubs with grass pitches, though are rightly obligated to switch the heating on to ensure the game goes ahead so if any clubs in the top flight with grass pitches get a match called off due to a frozen surface then yeah, it would be a disgrace.

Incidentally, is there no system at Killie under the surface that protects against freezing? Don't know how possible this is with a synthetic surface but you'd imagine there would be something there to prevent this.