Hamilton vs Motherwell

The away end was the Spice of Life stand. Sponsored by a pretty functional take away up low waters road way. Always a good shout after a night out. 
I've walked by Spice of Life after a night out countless times yet have never got anything from it.

7 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I like this not talking about football malarkey. 

Was in Singapore a couple of years ago. One of my colleagues was raving about this restaurant. It had won awards etc. I was absolutely starving. Turned out to be strictly feckin vegetarian. I don’t think even he knew ! I had 8 (small) courses and if there was more than 300 calories 😩

I would have given my left leg for an Indian that night ! 

I went to Raffles once, and ate an almost literal f**k-ton of their free monkey nuts out of principle to make up for the extortionate price of the Singapore Sling. I don't even like monkey nuts.

3-0 Motherwell, Tony Watt hat trick.

I'm more of a traditionalist myself and prefer a good old fashioned chippy like the Rex
I like The Rex but they definitely miss a trick by closing fairly early. They'd get a good bit from the fallout from the New Century etc. if they stayed open late even just at weekends.

4 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I went to Raffles once, and ate an almost literal f**k-ton of their free monkey nuts out of principle to make up for the extortionate price of the Singapore Sling. I don't even like monkey nuts.

I went also. Loved the way the floor was covered in monkey nut shells. 
We went as a guest of the hotel so ours was a freebie.

Remember seeing the photo of Johnny Depp and Amber Heard on the wall. I suspect it may well have come down by now 😂

23 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I had the Sling, cos you have to, didn’t enjoy it, threw the shells on the floor in disgust (so did everyone else) 

42 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:
Punting Lamie out the squad immediately? Give Lasley the job full time IMO

Leaving out Lamie and White from the starting line up were the one thing I needed Lasley to do. 
If he hadn't it would definitely have ruled him out of the job immediately, IMO.
If he brings either on as a sub (outside of injuries etc dictating so), the same thing applies though 😐

Edited by RostokMcSpoons
Edited to reduce stupidity

5 hours ago, Desp said:

Mushtaqs is no.1 in Hamilton, followed by Spice and then Bombay Cottage IMO. 

Doesn't the Bombay Cottage have, shall we say, controversial staff practices? 

Also, can we all just forget about the game today and talk about Indian food? 

Indian Villa Motherwell Army! 

I reckon if you went into most of these establishments and asked for a Chicken Lamie you would get something.

After today you might get served by Ricki.

2 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Leaving out Lamie and Lamie from the starting line up were the one thing I needed Lasley to do. 
If he hadn't it would definitely have ruled him out of the job immediately, IMO.
If he brings either on as a sub (outside of injuries etc dictating so), the same thing applies though 😐

There’s two of them?

15 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Is Archer gone from Motherwell now? Seen he started a couple when Carson was injured the first time.

14 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Aye think he was only contracted until January

Aye he was but even though he was the better option he was the 2nd emergency goalie we signed. 

Talk of the Spice of Life fair takes me back. Plenty of visits after a night in Expresso Bongo's/ Harley's or whatever Robin's pub in Cadzow Street was called.

ETA: I've remembered- Mitchell O'Brien's!

Unfortunately Lamie out doesn't quite make up for Carson being out. Any word on how long he's likely to be missing?

25 minutes ago, ropy said:

There’s two of them?

Haha, yeah well it's felt like that at times, he's always around to gift the opposition the ball ;)
I did of course mean Lamie and White.  I'd typed them one way around and decided to swap, and got distracted mid-edit. 

I don't think these lockdowns are doing  anything for my clarity of mind :(