Hamilton vs Motherwell

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Mushtaqs is no.1 in Hamilton, followed by Spice and then Bombay Cottage IMO. 

Doesn't the Bombay Cottage have, shall we say, controversial staff practices? 

Also, can we all just forget about the game today and talk about Indian food? 

Indian Villa Motherwell Army! 

I’ve been away too long, do these places deliver 30+ miles?

I often use the Villa before a midweek match.

Some of you need to give up and branch out from your small town loyalties. PInk Turban in Wishaw and Spice of Life in Cumbernauld are still Lanarkshire’s elite establishments.

Anyway, a win for the good guys incoming today.

6 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Some of you need to give up and branch out from your small town loyalties. PInk Turban in Wishaw and Spice of Life in Cumbernauld are still Lanarkshire’s elite establishments.

Anyway, a win for the good guys incoming today.

Pink Turban is decent for a cheapish and quick scran. It is nowhere near elite.

Ok, I'm going to continue the controversy (anything to avoid talking about this f****** game).

Hamilton also has the best Chinese restaurant: the 4 Seasons on the Bothwell Rd. 

It's a pretty stressful takeaway option at the moment - no parking, very shouty etc. But once we are back to normal I can thoroughly recommend it.

Never thought I'd be discussing the Pink Turban on P&B. It is very good but it's a buffet so it has it's limitations in terms of quality.

Is Indian Villa in Motherwell still open? Been a few years since I was there but thought it was class. Chutneys in Newarthill was also very good but it's now shut. Might also be a bit of a reach to claim it as part of Motherwell.

P.S. - 2-1 Hamilton

6 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Never thought I'd be discussing the Pink Turban on P&B. It is very good but it's a buffet so it has it's limitations in terms of quality.

Is Indian Villa in Motherwell still open? Been a few years since I was there but thought it was class. Chutneys in Newarthill was also very good but it's now shut. Might also be a bit of a reach to claim it as part of Motherwell.

P.S. - 2-1 Hamilton

Aye. It's still really good.

28 minutes ago, ropy said:

Haven’t had a night out in Lanarkshire for some years, but if you find yourself in the appropriate state, where is good for a kebab?

Post Motherwell pub type Kebab I'd say the Chilli Hut.
You get a decent takeaway meal from it too but it's in the middle of Beruit down there and I canny think of any other since the Villa Connection shut. 

4 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Well hold on a cotton pickin minute there, pardner. Thems fightin' words.

Our town hall is a beautiful example of what Andrew Carnegie's dollars can buy.

We got the best Indian restaurants this side of the Punjab and Scotland's best chippy/ice cream parlour.

Oh wait, you're talking about our football team......fair enough 😆

If I head to Scotland this summer maybe I'll try and get there to stop by some of those places mentioned.  Do Spice or Mushtaq's have lunch buffets?

Edited by AmericanFan
REad

14 minutes ago, ropy said:

I did a walking tour of food establishments in Singapore, a surprisingly good day out, I am thinking there may be a post-Covid market for something similar in Lanarkshire.

I like this not talking about football malarkey. 

Was in Singapore a couple of years ago. One of my colleagues was raving about this restaurant. It had won awards etc. I was absolutely starving. Turned out to be strictly feckin vegetarian. I don’t think even he knew ! I had 8 (small) courses and if there was more than 300 calories 😩

I would have given my left leg for an Indian that night !