Hamilton vs Motherwell

North Lanarkshire vs South Lanarkshire. 10th vs 12th. The most handsome man in Scottish football vs... Brian Rice.

I've got the absolute fucking fear about this if I'm honest. I still don't think we're that far away from being a decent side with or without Robinson but I've got zero confidence for this one.

2-0 Accies

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

Will expect the standard post - departure soundbites  where the team admit that they  "know they let the gaffer down" ,  "owe it to the fans to put it right"  , and are "galvanised and ready for the fight " . . . or some other such shite .

Whichever bull is spouted between now and the game , they know they need to get their fingers out their arses to impress whoever may be incoming . What better way to do that than by spanking your local rivals in the new year derby ?

1-0 Accies .

I'm always more confident playing Accies over there rather than at Fir Park. That, along with the inevitable 'bounce' from our manager leaving means that I'm confident of an away win here.

2-1 with Watt getting at least one.

Think it’ll be 2-1 either way. Wouldn’t surprise me if Lasley managed to pull a win from nowhere but at the same time I also wouldn’t be surprised by our current form continuing and Hamilton taking all 3 points.

12 hours ago, ZX1886 said:

Think it’ll be 2-1 either way. Wouldn’t surprise me if Lasley managed to pull a win from nowhere but at the same time I also wouldn’t be surprised by our current form continuing and Hamilton taking all 3 points.

Could also be a draw imo.

Interested to see how we line up for this one. I know we don’t have too much scope to ring the changes, but if it’s the kind of team Robinson would put out then that would rule Lasley out of the job for me. Maybe he will have his own ideas and I’m not giving him enough credit.

We've been hugely insipid this season - even when we have played decently (and we have done on occasion), there's been a real lack of dig about us.  I think our players have got very comfortable with no supporters in and it has certainly had the appearance of a training game at times. I know the tactics and shape of the team is far more important in the grand scheme of things, but if I'm allowed to be a bit yer da about it, comparing the effort levels of the current squad with what we saw in the Thunderdome days under Robinson, it's a bit of an embarrassment.

The players have rightly been taking some stick over the resignation of Robinson and obviously players like Gallacher have taken a bit of umbrage to it - I'd at least like to see a bit of reaction from them as there's little doubt that they contributed hugely to Robbo going. We all know this isn't the biggest derby game going but it would be nice if they players had a bit of fight for once.

My main concern is that we give away at least one soft goal in every game and when we do, we seem unable to shake it off. I'm not sure how we break the pattern but unless we do, I can see an odd goal defeat here.

Looking at prices for tomorrow. 

Hills have Hamilton at 10/3 and Paddy Power have them at 16/5.

Motherwell as short as 8/11. Have any of them actually watched us lately? 

Surely Accies fans must be thinking of lumping on them at those odds ? (probably a few 'Well fans too!!) 

Well we certainly won’t be scoring a hatful that’s for sure. Lots of questions now regarding any changes Las will make and how the players react to the change. I’m generally quite confident when we play away to Hamilton as we generally do well not just with the wins but also tend to be the better team. We desperately need three points so I’m going for 1-0 to the good guys.

1 minute ago, 'WellDel said:

Surely Accies fans must be thinking of lumping on them at those odds ? (probably a few 'Well fans too!!) 

Those are crazy odds.

I'll give you the short answer to that.
No.

37 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Motherwell as short as 8/11. Have any of them actually watched us lately

Probably not but they must have watched us a lot then.  I wouldnt touch accies this season with someone elses money.