Rangers vs Celtic - January 2nd

9 minutes ago, Left Back said:

The Duffy tackle is never a red card in a million years.  Not dangerous or even reckless.   Cynical so deserved the yellow.

no idea why the Rangers players all got so excited about it.

Scissors his trailing leg around, he knew exactly what he was doing, in managing the game he gets a yellow but it was a red.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is a difference taking questions on today's game and taking questions on the whole season FFS. 

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's a match thread we are posting about the match making up shit doesnae count,you could say Morelos should've been sent off in the first 5 minutes for the tackle on Frimpong.

41 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The red card is debatable.
The true points difference only comes with parity.
Half the season to go.
I couldn't careless about the board or anybody outside the football department.

20 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

My point is if you judge a player with his price tag you're a fecking idiot.

^^^ Peter Lawell IMHO. 

I'll confess. I thought @wastecoatwilly was trolling, but no, he is actually that fucking stupid. 

• There is absolutely nothing "debatable" about that red card
  • The cost of Henrik Larsson in 1997 or whenever they fucking signed him literally couldn't be any less relevant to the cost of some diddy signed 23 years later. 
  • Drink a pint of water before you go to bed because that hangover is going to be an absolute hair hurter. 

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think he thought Morelos was going to do him for pace but though was far out enough out to only get a yellow. Wouldn’t say it was a brain fart just underestimated how isolated he was.

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

That he had cover, that he was far away from the goal enough for it to be a yellow? 

Probably, but even if Morelos gets through, he still has to finish it. And you still have time to come back with 11 men. Conceding a man is worse than conceding a goal.

He really should have known that he was too high and that even if he was beat, he was better to just let it go.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Ok Willy let’s stick to the facts then

1. The red card decision was correct
  2. We are 19 points behind not 10
  3. The league is no longer in our hands
  4. Your as much a part of the problem with your inability or reluctance to see the bigger picture as those in charge of Celtic

Obviously, Willy is absolutely on fire, providing great entertainment with his absurdist performance.

I don't quite get point no4 though.  Fantastically rewarding as his self serving drivel is, I don't see him as quite as responsible for Celtic's spectacular underachievement as Lawell and Lennon.

17 minutes ago, Left Back said:

The Duffy tackle is never a red card in a million years.  Not dangerous or even reckless.   Cynical so deserved the yellow.

no idea why the Rangers players all got so excited about it.

Not quite sure I agree.

For me, there is two seperate issues with the tackle.

The first is that its just a pretty shite tackle technically with his daft wee lunge and scissor motion. So thats a stick on yellow. 

The second is that Duffy made absolutely no attempt to play the ball. So thats a stick on yellow.

Could easily have been sent off for the tackle as a whole. FWIW I'm not sure it should have been, but Duffy could have had no complaints if he did get sent off IMO.

11 minutes ago, Left Back said:

It was a trip, nothing more.  At no point did he scissor tackle him.  There was a slight contact from the trailing leg but well after the initial trip.

Aye ok. Must’ve been a different tackle everyone else seen then. 

Personally I think Madden bottled the Duffy decision because he’d already shown Bitton a red. 

43 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:
  • No it’s not and if appealed the red card will be upheld. 
  • The “true” points difference if referring to the notional 10 point gap cannot be closed even if we win all of our games.
  • See above
  • I was referring to Neil Lennon and the management team also

Again it's not a obvious goal-scoring opportunity.
If we win all our games it's down to 4 points.
If sevco go through the full season in the league undefeated they deserve to win the league.
Neil Lennon will walk out the front door with his head held high.

9 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

There was the one when he hit the post with the open goal. That was funny.

One of the suggested videos next to this was Top 5 misses in Scottish football, number 4 on that list was Agathe in an Edinburgh derby when the defender cleared it off the line when it's going towards the post. It reminded me of Jullien's clearance during the week which injured him and forced Bitton to play...