Rangers vs Celtic - January 2nd

34 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've heard Celtic fans claim that it's only one league they've lost and Rangers haven't stopped the ten. Granted its mostly been on SSB but still. 

What?

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

What?

Celtic fans said this is much more than winning a league title, this is 10 in a row. 

The same Celtic fans are saying its only one league title they're losing, Rangers are not stopping ten in a row. 

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Morelos didn't touch the ball, Bitton fouls Morelos easy yellow professional foul, unsporting behaviour,obvious goal-scoring opportunity no chance.

What has Morelos touching the ball got to do with anything?

you clearly have no comprehension of the laws of the game and your glasses are tinged greener than a football pitch so I’m out.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Celtic fans said this is much more than winning a league title, this is 10 in a row. 

The same Celtic fans are saying its only one league title they're losing, Rangers are not stopping ten in a row. 

I still don't get it, wcw has my brain addled.

57 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He wasn't getting the ball it was over hit.

This is a zinger. We have a previously undiscovered means of defending one-on-ones whereby a defender can rugby tackle the attacker, so long as he gets to him before the latter gets a touch on the ball.

If only Steven Gerrard knew about this when he slipped on his arse.

21 minutes ago, Left Back said:

What has Morelos touching the ball got to do with anything?

you clearly have no comprehension of the laws of the game and your glasses are tinged greener than a football pitch so I’m out.

If it is a obvious goal-scoring opportunity Morelos has to get to the ball what i'm saying is he isn't getting to the ball.
Definite foul but a yellow not a red.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If it is a obvious goal-scoring opportunity Morelos has to get to the ball what i'm saying is he isn't getting to the ball.

It's difficult to get the ball while being speared from the side to be fair. 

We can play the shoulda woulda coulda merry go round all night long it still wont change the 3pts.  No point beating a dead horse, what is done is done. Celtic should make sure they've packed their knickers and sun screen for their wee holiday to Dubai. 3pts are still going to be there when they come back. 

On a more cynical note, Celtic's up tick in form lines up with the up coming transfer window, just saying. They'll dip again when it '' slams '' shut. 

Edited by TommyLeePwns

48 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

could maaaaybe try to clutch at it being a little bit wide of goal to try to justify a yellow (not something i would agree with), but in real time i thought there was no question that morelos would be getting to the ball ahead of the keeper + defender had he not been hauled down.

one where i'd be furious if it wasn't given as a red card in my teams favour pretty much. Ditto the Shane Duffy challenge, was very surprised he never got a red for that one for the follow through motion.

Aye, theres a difference between it being a clear goal scoring opportunity (which it obviously was) and thinking Morelos would actually score from it (which i doubt).

The fact Bitton made no attempt for the ball means its a clear red all day.

As for Duffy...lucky boy. I wonder if the ref took into account that he had already sent 1 Celtic player off and that Duffy wasnt long on as a sub. But there was no attempt at winning the ball and he could easily have hurt Kent. 

Just shows how slow and off the pace Duffy is that he had to take Kent out rather than running back. Another overrated EPL "star". The guys a big cumbersome dumpling.

10 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Have watched it over about a dozen times and the only way Morelos doesnt get to that ball before the keeper is if the fucking roadrunner comes out of nowhere and wipes Morelos out.

Yer absolutely at it. Red card all day long. 

Meep meep.

52 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Whether we were going for 1 title or the 10th, today stings. Every defeat to Rangers stings but this one just a little more because we really shouldn’t be in this position.

I won’t downplay the significance because I would like to see have seen us stand our own as having won the10 however the number doesn’t matter as much as the manner in how we are going down. The fact we didn’t make the changes when the trajectory of this season was becoming more and more inevitable. 

Fact is Rangers are stopping the 10 because they are winning the games that matter and more of them. It’s a simple recipe we have repeated for 9 seasons in a row.

Yes it’s not mathematically impossible in the same way Rangers weren’t willing to concede a 10 point gap with only 8 to play last season but that’s very unlikely to happen so for us it’s best now to look forward and start ringing the necessary changes to try take it back next season.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

Have watched it over about a dozen times and the only way Morelos doesnt get to that ball before the keeper is if the fucking roadrunner comes out of nowhere and wipes Morelos out.

Yer absolutely at it. Red card all day long. 

Meep meep.

Between 5 seconds and 7 seconds in the clip the ball is closer to the keeper that gives Morelos 2 seconds to get to the ball without Bitton touching him.