Rangers vs Celtic - January 2nd

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

How can it be an obvious goal-scoring opportunity if he didn't have the ball M8?

I realise that you are at it now, but he didn't have the ball because Bitton was rugby tackling him, m8.  He'd rolled him and was off after the ball for his obvious goalscoring opportunity. 🤣

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

How can it be an obvious goal-scoring opportunity if he didn't have the ball M8?

You don’t need to have the ball.  One of the factors the referee has to consider under law 12 is the general direction of the play.  The play was moving directly towards Celtic’s goal and there is no way on earth that Morelos wasn’t getting to the ball first.

if you pit Usain Bolt where Ajer was Morelos is still getting there first by a considerable distance, with plenty time to move even closer to the goal, hence DOGSCO.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

You don’t need to have the ball.  One of the factors the referee has to consider under law 12 is the general direction of the play.  The play was moving directly towards Celtic’s goal and there is no way on earth that Morelos wasn’t getting to the ball first.

if you pit Usain Bolt where Ajer was Morelos is still getting there first by a considerable distance, with plenty time to move even closer to the goal, hence DOGSCO.

What about the keeper?

could maaaaybe try to clutch at it being a little bit wide of goal to try to justify a yellow (not something i would agree with), but in real time i thought there was no question that morelos would be getting to the ball ahead of the keeper + defender had he not been hauled down.

one where i'd be furious if it wasn't given as a red card in my teams favour pretty much. Ditto the Shane Duffy challenge, was very surprised he never got a red for that one for the follow through motion.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely