Rangers vs Celtic - January 2nd

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

Aye I believe we're correct to not count the War Year Titles. 

He's probably referencing the fact one of them was literally a "shared" title.

You ended equal on points with, from memory, Dumbarton, couldn't be separated over a tie breaker, so both got awarded a title.

Fair enough celtic outplayed Rangers in the first half the sending off was right and then rangers took the only chance they had footballs a funny old game cause if I am right did rangers not out play celtic in the cup game last year and lost has they say what comes around goes around

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's probably referencing the fact one of them was literally a "shared" title.

You ended equal on points with, from memory, Dumbarton, couldn't be separated over a tie breaker, so both got awarded a title.

Don’t know much of the history, but it is interesting to note the defunct Rangers only won 53.5.

Cheers 🤣

21 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

Fair enough celtic outplayed Rangers in the first half the sending off was right and then rangers took the only chance they had footballs a funny old game cause if I am right did rangers not out play celtic in the cup game last year and lost has they say what comes around goes around

They don't actually.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

There’s still half of the season to go, is it really beyond the realms of possibility for Celtic to win their 3 games in hand and both remaining OF games to level the series this season between the two sides? On yesterday’s showing perhaps not.
Yes, Rangers would also need to drop points but a four point gap wouldn’t look so daunting and certainly not insurmountable.

As for the game itself Rangers weathered the storm in the first half yesterday, but regained composure in the 2nd. Most neutrals I believe would just have easily have accepted a yellow for Bitton as they did the sending off. Celtic seemed to be running out of ideas by then anyway. As mentioned above, as soon as Lennon pulled Griffiths and Turnbull the game was up. Brown brings his nuisance value these days that is all, Duffy is absolutely hopeless, surely a sigh of quiet satisfaction from most Rangers supporters to see em both coming onto the park.
Rangers didn’t fire up yesterday, but did enough, like all decent sides to grind out a result, albeit against 10 men for the final third of the game. SG says that Rangers will ignore any ‘title noise’ at this stage, he know’s the score, there’s still a long way to go.

Celtic winning every single game between now and the end of the season isnt impossible but very unlikely,  I actually think it may go the other way and you could see them having a collapse between now and the end , 

2 hours ago, Clockwork said:

There’s still half of the season to go

That's the point you lunatic.

It's simply not realistic to talk of this Celtic side winning all their remaining games with so many of them left.

They've already dropped lots of league points, gone out of a cup to a small struggling premier side, squeaked by on penalties in another one against a Championship side and been routinely humiliated in Europe's consolation tournament.

The desperation comes in Willy entertaining the idea that this side might now go an incredible winning run.  The pitiful bit comes in the fact that you've joined in.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Celtic fans should console themselves that by the time rangers win it mathematically no one but their fans will care anymore. 

There is no consolation in that. The only thing that could offer any consolation would be the announcement of a new manager followed by PL announcing he’s stepping down

9 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Do you think Rangers could have won that “half” a league season? 

Do you think Celtic could still win this league with half of it to go? 

Yes and yes. 

Both extremely unlikely. More likely we would have caught you than you catching us right enough. 

Rangers looked awful yesterday and, whilst it's said that playing badly and winning is a sign of a Championship side, they were very, very lucky. Celtic have recently been playing a lot better, whilst Rangers have not been themselves since we beat them. I don't think the title race is over at all.

7 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Rangers looked awful yesterday and, whilst it's said that playing badly and winning is a sign of a Championship side, they were very, very lucky. Celtic have recently been playing a lot better, whilst Rangers have not been themselves since we beat them. I don't think the title race is over at all.

I thought we were poor in the first half but that's something that we've done in Europe several times, then improved in the second half. Since the league cup game we've been doing what we previously struggled to do, break down defensive physical sides and get the points.

I agree with the title not being over, I can see it going to the wire this season.

For comparison, last season's LCF was 2.6 v 0.83 in Rangers favour.

I think the main takeaway from this is probably how shit-hot Rangers defence is. For Celtic to be as dominant as they were in the first half and only get one shot on target from inside the box says a lot.

38 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

"championship winning", shirley?