Rangers vs Celtic - January 2nd

The biggest take away from that game for me is that if Lennon had brought in Soro and Turnbull earlier in the bad run then this result wouldn’t have mattered as much. All the draws in the league, the awful EL campaign and the defeat to County could have been avoided. Celtic deserved to at least draw today and the defeat may have put us maybe 11 or 12 points behind with the games in hand (if Lennon was sacked/made a change) plus a cup semi and maybe EL knockouts to look forward to, now it’s the Scottish cup and a bunch of dead rubbers.

People (in particular Lennon) are overstating the dominance of Celtic in that game. They started very well and dominated for 20 minutes or so through some high energy play. Once the game settled down they did nothing. McGregor made 1 excellent save from Griffiths and that was it. His save from Edouard was a standard save for a keeper at that level, and I can't remember him saving anything else apart from the offside effort. Listening to the pundits you'd think McGregor made a string of world class saves.

In the 2nd half Celtic offered nothing before the sending off and would have probably get a 0-0 draw at best. Both teams were really poor.

19 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Gerrard - or his assistants - seem to be very tactically astute.

i think he's a blessing to thousand of fans of several teams in the EPL, Souness 2.0, success at Sevco will have the scousers demanding he be brought back home when Klopp calls it a day.

43 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Their team has effectively just won their 1st title and what are they posting about? Rent free right enough.

Congratulations to all my sevco pals on here. But especially Bennet who stuck with it every single time, I'd buy you a pint if Nicola let me.

I'm away to cheer myself up.and watch that ripper documentary on Netflix.

emoji481.pngemoji106.png

Fooling not one single person with this tbqh

Celtic were the better team in the first half.  We couldn't string two passes together and McGregor made two fantastic saves. 

Once we brought Hagi on I thought the game swung a bit more in our favour. Hagi seemed much more direct when he got on the ball.

The red card is a stick on. Don't see any way they can complain about that.  Duffy could have seen red as well.

To win the game without registering a shot in target is just the cherry on the cake for me. 

ETA: was lovely to see Stan Petrov looking healthy as well doing the studio punditry. 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

On 31/12/2020 at 21:12, G51 said:

.........we're not paying defoe to sell him on for a huge profit, we're paying him to score goals and mentor our young players. defoe's wages are almost certainly less than brown's, who's fulfilling a similar role in celtic's squad......

On 31/12/2020 at 21:40, Jinky67 said:

C’mon mate you cannot compare Brown and Defoe in anyway shape or form or indeed their influence or importance to the club.....

Even from the bench I thought Defoe had a far more positive and important influence on today’s match than Brown did.......

31 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

People (in particular Lennon) are overstating the dominance of Celtic in that game. They started very well and dominated for 20 minutes or so through some high energy play. Once the game settled down they did nothing. McGregor made 1 excellent save from Griffiths and that was it. His save from Edouard was a standard save for a keeper at that level, and I can't remember him saving anything else apart from the offside effort. Listening to the pundits you'd think McGregor made a string of world class saves.

In the 2nd half Celtic offered nothing before the sending off and would have probably get a 0-0 draw at best. Both teams were really poor.

This is spot on. Celtic started like a house on fire, but didn't do much after half-time and Rangers were coming right into it even before the red card.

My big pal finally outing himself as a bluenose.  Took you awhile, Bro.
Not that 'Auchinleck Talbot' was a tell...

Hint in the moniker as well. Talbot is a homage to my father in law who I go to games with most weekends when we’re allowed to go.