Rangers vs Celtic - January 2nd

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Well, yes, that's sort of the point of the "denying a goalscoring opportunity" rule.

That was more aimed at the folk who thought it was a challenge worthy of a red on it's own, rather than where on the park it was. Which a good few folk clearly thought was the case.

Thought unnecessary international travel from Scotland was illegal... or is this necessary to escape the hordes that will assemble outside Parkhead tonight?
I wonder if Celtic will be thanking BEIN Sports (Dubai based) for so frequently mentioning their trip to Dubai? Must make their fans glad they are getting away to Dubai. 
Their team has effectively just won their 1st title and what are they posting about? Rent free right enough.

Congratulations to all my sevco pals on here. But especially Bennet who stuck with it every single time, I'd buy you a pint if Nicola let me.

I'm away to cheer myself up.and watch that ripper documentary on Netflix.

[emoji481][emoji106]

That’s a sore one to take considering how dominant we were. Cant complain too much about the red card as I would have wanted it if it was the other way but such a stupid challenge to make.

But the damage was done earlier in the season, not today. Today we paid for not taking chances and an individual mistake.

C’est la vie

Bit unlucky today, but didn't get it done again and that's all that matters. What the f**k was Bitton thinking?

NL really needs to walk now and let a new manager come in and prepare for next year. The 10 has been an obsession for too many for too long. A bit fed up of everything being about getting one up on them. Proper change is required and there's a lot of work to do before August. To be 19 points behind in January, regardless of games in hand, is pathetic given our budgetary advantage. Fucking off to Dubai just now is taking the piss too. 

R*ngers are top by merit, so can't complain with the standings. 

Happy new year...

Edited by S7C

Rangers winning the league so easily this season is testament to Lennon's shortcomings as a manager. He's taken under 2 years to completely dismantle an excellent, utterly dominant side put together by Rodgers and returned Celtic to their levels of mid-90s chumpery. An utterly ridiculous appointment by Celtic biting them on the arse in hilarious fashion.

4 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

That was more aimed at the folk who thought it was a challenge worthy of a red on it's own, rather than where on the park it was. Which a good few folk clearly thought was the case.

I didn't read a single post which I though was implying that, because that would be a ludicrous thing to think.

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Their team has effectively just won their 1st title and what are they posting about? Rent free right enough.

Congratulations to all my sevco pals on here. But especially Bennet who stuck with it every single time, I'd buy you a pint if Nicola let me.

emoji481.pngemoji106.png

League over. I too would like to dedicate it to Bennett. The only c**t that never went and hid in his bedroom when you were in the third division.

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That’s a sore one to take considering how dominant we were. Cant complain too much about the red card as I would have wanted it if it was the other way but such a stupid challenge to make.

But the damage was done earlier in the season, not today. Today we paid for not taking chances and an individual mistake.

C’est la vie

Tiocfaidh ár lá, shirley?

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:

emoji481.pngemoji106.png

😂

Anyone who doesn't think the league is done after that is at it.

If Celtic win every game left they can only reach 100, and thats clearly not happening.

To me, if Rangers get 95 then they've 100% won the trophy, by a distance. Thats 10 wins from the next 16 games to cruise it.

Its done, and its been done since about October.

1 minute ago, AmericanFan said:

In football, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. That was the case today.

I think you're over cooking the difference between the sides tbh. Celtic were very good in the first half, that's 45  minutes. Gerrard changed his side and the game completely changed so much so that Celtic had a man sent off, should most likely have been two and Rangers were comfortable for 45 minutes. 

The stats back that up, the only 'luck' Rangers got was that a Celtic player decided to poke one into his own sides net. I'd say that's more fucking stupidity then luck though. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Shite game, it's it's only fair to concentrate on the lowlights ;

-Morelos should have been sent off after 5 mins. He might be thick, but he was clever enough to know that Madhun wouldn't red card him.

-Sean Duffy is the living, breathing example of the phrase 'Celtic deserve everything they get'.

-Biton. Arse. 

-Celtic fucking off to Dubai. Lol. Their players should be made to spend a week naked running around in the snow in some backwater shitehole like Falkirk or Kirkcaldy. 

-and finally, it's shite that the total lolz of Celtic imploding has to be nullified by the fact that derhun has already won the league. Baws to that. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

I think you're over cooking the difference between the sides tbh. Celtic were very good in the first half, that's 45  minutes. Gerrard changed his side and the game completely changed so much so that Celtic had a man sent off, should most likely have been two and Rangers were comfortable for 45 minutes. 

The stats back that up, the only 'luck' Rangers got was that a Celtic player decided to poke one into his own sides net. I'd say that's more fucking stupidity then luck though. 

Gerrard - or his assistants - seem to be very tactically astute.

The difference between the last two old firm games, Celtic had no shots on target and get beat, whereas today Rangers have no shots on target and win. 

A weird game of football but I felt we gave their wingbacks far too much respect. They have legs and stamina but next to zero end product so we should have just laced them from the get go. 

I'm sure all the arm chair coaches will dissect this game to death but for Rangers fans, it's just another clean sheet and 3 pts. 

5 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

In football, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. That was the case today.

True.

Gerrard made a good substitution though, putting Hagi on for Roofe, took the heat off Aribo a bit who was pretty crap today. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Shite game, it's it's only fair to concentrate on the lowlights ;

-Morelos should have been sent off after 5 mins. He might be thick, but he was clever enough to know that Madhun wouldn't red card him.

-Sean Duffy is the living, breathing example of the phrase 'Celtic deserve everything they get'.

-Biton. Arse. 

-Celtic fucking off to Dubai. Lol. Their players should be made to spend a week naked running around in the snow in some backwater shitehole like Falkirk or Kirkcaldy. 

-and finally, it's shite that the total lolz of Celtic imploding has to be nullified by the fact that derhun has already won the league. Baws to that. 

Would be happy to go give them some encouragement.

17 minutes ago, Romeo said:

emoji481.pngemoji106.png

Let it all out 😀