Alloa v The Ton

Pretty poor game. Morton's high press shut down our passing totally for the first half hour or so and they were well on top. We came into it more before h/t with a couple of close things. Second half was fairly even I thought with neither side offering much threat. Probably needed a bit of class or a mistake to get a goal and after missing a sitter when Jamieson fell, Morton then did get their goal as we again didn't pick up a tall player from a ball into the box. I thought one goal would be enough but surprisingly the game opened up after that and with Thomson also making a difference we managed to get the goal back. Thought he should have been on earlier. 

Happy enough with a point in the end and the players certainly battled away even when things weren't going for them. Same old story I know but we desperately need the injured players to back to add creativity and we also have to bring in some pace in attack. If we could get something like the best team on the park and a good loan or two then there would be plenty of hope as the league is very open (shite). As it stands however we are going to struggle to win games. 

Edited by Waspie

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Absolutely fine with a point. It's another game closer to the finish line without losing any of our margin and if we can follow it up by beating Arbroath at Cappielow then we'll be in an excellent position.

That would appear entirely logical ........VulcanTON.

Happy New Year.

Edited by TONTROOPER

Pretty poor game. Morton's high press shut down our passing totally for the first half hour or so and they were well on top. We came into it more before h/t with a couple of close things. Second half was fairly even I thought with neither side offering much threat. Probably needed a bit of class or a mistake to get a goal and after missing a sitter when Jamieson fell, Morton then did get their goal as we again didn't pick up a tall player from a ball into the box. I thought one goal would be enough but surprisingly the game opened up after that and with Thomson also making a difference we managed to get the goal back. Thought he should have been on earlier. 
Happy enough with a point in the end and the players certainly battled away even when things weren't going for them. Same old story I know but we desperately need the injured players to back to add creativity and we also have to bring in some pace in attack. If we could get something like the best team on the park and a good loan or two then there would be plenty of hope as the league is very open (shite). As it stands however we are going to struggle to win games. 

Not much to add to this.
We have looked a lot more dangerous in recent weeks when Thomson and Buchanan have both been on the pitch - 2 goals late against Raith and another today. I’m not sure it’ll have the same effect if we try it from the start, as some of the impact is down to Thomson coming on and changing the attack, but it might be worth a go whilst we’re missing Trouten and Scougall.
A very fair point from what was a pretty nondescript game. As other’s have commented, the stream and commentary today was excellent [emoji106]

15 minutes ago, hoodless said:

Disappointed to lose after taking the lead. Stream was shite. We move in. 

We've already had BSC Glasgow lodging with us; not sure there's any room for you m9.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Yep, only problem with the stream was that the audio was still a second or two ahead for me, in the second half at least.

This is an observation more than a criticism, because I understand it’s a volunteer operation... but the split-second lag from sound to picture really is an issue, basically because you know e.g. the cross is going to be cleared while the ball is still in flight.

Picture improved at one point during the game (and we could see the settings being changed), then deteriorated with the light.

Hopefully, it’s the last time I’ll have to watch a stream away at Alloa anyway...

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

This is an observation more than a criticism, because I understand it’s a volunteer operation... but the split-second lag from sound to picture really is an issue, basically because you know e.g. the cross is going to be cleared while the ball is still in flight.

Picture improved at one point during the game (and we could see the settings being changed), then deteriorated with the light.

Hopefully, it’s the last time I’ll have to watch a stream away at Alloa anyway...

If there is a lag it's not us. My stream that I was monitoring was perfectly on time but the stream gets sent to a content delivery network that does transcoding and maybe messes up. What we send is bang on. But I can't tell whether its the CDN that causes it or people's devices that's causing the problems - Audio is a higher priority in terms of processing priority because that's how operating systems tend to work so it could be that they're using a browser that's processing the audio - a second later processing the video.

40 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

If there is a lag it's not us. My stream that I was monitoring was perfectly on time but the stream gets sent to a content delivery network that does transcoding and maybe messes up. What we send is bang on. But I can't tell whether its the CDN that causes it or people's devices that's causing the problems - Audio is a higher priority in terms of processing priority because that's how operating systems tend to work so it could be that they're using a browser that's processing the audio - a second later processing the video.

1st half the audio was perfect and the 2nd half it changed to 1/2  seconds ahead of play