Alloa v The Ton

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Can’t decide if our final ball is poor or Orsi just never makes the run the other players want him to...

Probably a bit of both...

Not having the livestream....I'm assuming (in most cases) its Nesbitt making the final ball.

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

Not having the livestream....I'm assuming (in most cases) its Nesbitt making the final ball.

Nah, it’s occasions when Strapp, Colville, Salkeld are knocking perfectly reasonable crosses into areas where a better player would have snaffled something in the first half-hour...

That’s not to say that the final ball couldn’t be better, from Nesbitt and everyone else.

Total lack of composure summed up with that Nesbitt miss from 6 yards. 

1-0 is never enough and in the end it wasn't as Alloa got their leveller  to make it 1-1.

Alloa always a stuffy team to beat but felt today we should have taken more 

Alloa created more chances throughout the game so to that extent we can't complain, but that's two games in a row we've thrown a lead away with an avoidable goal. We could have been completely out of sight of the bottom two with those four points.

Thought we were the better team, but not by so much that we can complain about the draw.

Alloa fans, for what it’s worth, I think the likes of Parry, Jamieson, Grant, and Cawley in central positions give you the edge over Arbroath and Queens, but the latter have a threat in Shields, plus Dobbie to come back in (and have just pinched another three points).

Happy New Year to all.

Thought a draw was definitely a fair result. Morton edged the first and think we edged the second.

Was a lot more impressed with Morton today than on the first day of the season, seemed to be a really solid set up and was really impressed with Strapp in particular.

Think Nesbitt was fortunate to escape any punishment for the kick out when he was fouled, but that exchange actually breathed some energy in to the game - not a great spectacle in the first half but thoroughly enjoyed the end to end nature of the second, good to see both teams going out to try and win the game.

Was a bit of a shocker of a goal to concede for us from a set play as I thought we had coped well with most things up till then (and the Nesbitt miss just before it).

21 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Alloa created more chances throughout the game so to that extent we can't complain, but that's two games in a row we've thrown a lead away with an avoidable goal. We could have been completely out of sight of the bottom two with those four points.

Eh?.......what a "my glass is half-empty" Dunning......you're the last person I would have expected to hear push that .

Edited by TONTROOPER