Rovers v QP

Match postponed looking the bookies favourite, but we've seen games go ahead at Cliftonhill against all odds, with snow shovels, in the past. 

Terrible result for them against Buckie last week, but they've shown they can fling in a few results like the win at Annan and a win over a handy Elgin side. If we're as slapstick in front of goal as we were on Monday night, it could be another uncomfortable ninety minutes. However, I struggle to believe we can ever pass up that number of chances again. 

We made some changes for the cup game and I'd expect to see the likes of McHugh come back in. Think Longridge is probably due a start as well on recent form. Carroll will almost certainly come back in as well. 

If we keep doing what we've been doing in the league, this is a game we should be looking to take maximum points from. It is going to click in front of goal at some point and hopefully it's this weekend, if it survives the weather. 

3 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

It’s a SPFL matter.

The SFA will happily re-route the match officials. 

But the SFA might be so happy to have another game at Hampden.

Although it would mean one less game on the pitch later in the season which will give it more recovery time before the Euros.

Guest The Phoenix
32 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

But the SFA might be so happy to have another game at Hampden.

Although it would mean one less game on the pitch later in the season which will give it more recovery time before the Euros.

Both fair points! 

I’m guessing a straight postponement would suit Rovers this now. The manager threw the players under the bus after last week’s debacle. How he is still manager is beyond me . Apparently he has two crack centre halves lined up for the transfer window. The rumour mill says from Pollok. Wonder what the odds of them being Bryan Wharton and Gerry McLaughlin. That’ll have you quaking in yer boots lads. 

14 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

I’m guessing a straight postponement would suit Rovers this now. The manager threw the players under the bus after last week’s debacle. How he is still manager is beyond me . Apparently he has two crack centre halves lined up for the transfer window. The rumour mill says from Pollok. Wonder what the odds of them being Bryan Wharton and Gerry McLaughlin. That’ll have you quaking in yer boots lads. 

Would be more concerned if you got Iain Russell from Pollok, who has done a lot of damage to us in the past.

1 minute ago, The Resurrection said:

Would be more concerned if you got Iain Russell from Pollok, who has done a lot of damage to us in the past.

Russell is on loan at Cowdenbeath just now. Based on what I seen of him against us a few weeks back, I think his best days are long gone.

6 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

If Bryan Wharton is the answer...

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Hogmanay down the swing park with a couple of bottles of Strongbow, six cans of Export and a double double.

Thought you’d be a Piper’s man, or was that just the school disco? Let’s not forget Breaker Malt liquor or the daddy of them all, Colt 45. and of course the cheapest lager available in a supermarket, ever...

image.jpeg.f31e8a4a8edc89c1e4fc7181b5747892.jpeg