Dunfermline Athletic v Raith Rovers

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

In all seriousness, the game is not going to be on. Shame, as it would have been a good relief from the constant OF tosh that is bound to ensue on most social media tomorrow.

It’s also interesting in that the assigned referee (John Beaton) is usually calling Premiership or International games, so the SFL apparently  considered this a pretty visible game.

22 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It’s also interesting in that the assigned referee (John Beaton) is usually calling Premiership or International games, so the SFL apparently  considered this a pretty visible game.

The SFL?  Christ it’s been a while.  Makes a wee change from SPL i guess.

Just got a flashback to Bell’s whisky. Remember when Bell’s sponsored it? Vaguely for me as we were playing Premiership football most of that time.

21 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Why can’t it just be switched to Starks if it’s playable there?
No fans and it’s 10 mins along the road then just make the 3rd meeting at EEP.
Game will be off tomorrow at EEP, especially with such an early inspection which doesn’t make sense either when no fans are travelling.

Injuries, fatigue, different preparation/team setup for a game at east end (I’m sure if both managers were desperate then it would be an option but for us, with the teams directly above and below us playing each other, we can have the day off and still be in second place with a game in hand over Dundee). 

Edited by Shandön Par

They do cost thousands though to buy outright. Think we donated our last ones to Cowdenbeath. And we're normally happy enough to run the USH, however there's no crowd so no point. 
When this ends, we'll go back to running the USH. 
Grant I feel you're up against it here.

No matter how many times its explained to them, they just refuse to believe it. Instead they insist we're too skint to turn the USH heating on or snidely hinting we're running scared even though they got their arses felt off the worst team in the league a few days ago.

Weird bunch

21 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Injuries, fatigue, different preparation/team setup for a game at east end (I’m sure if both managers were desperate then it would be an option but for us, with the teams directly above and below us playing each other, we can have the day off and still be in second place with a game in hand over Dundee). 

Basically a fix then?😂

As much as I’ll be gutted if the game is off, blaming the pars for not running a hugely expensive USH system when there’s hardly any income coming in, is a bit over the top.

Push this game back as far towards the end of the season as possible and hope that the vaccine has worked well enough to allow fans back in the ground so we can all enjoy a derby in the proper way!

As much as I’ll be gutted if the game is off, blaming the pars for not running a hugely expensive USH system when there’s hardly any income coming in, is a bit over the top.

Push this game back as far towards the end of the season as possible and hope that the vaccine has worked well enough to allow fans back in the ground so we can all enjoy a derby in the proper way!
Excellent post and a great point made at the end. Title decider anyone?

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Since the Scottish FA are responsible for assigning referees to all senior games in Scotland...

The SPL is something entirely different. Helps if I get it right too..SFA

Edited by TxRover

37 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Very valid point and something I hadn't considered. 

We've definitely been out putting ice cubes on the pitch. 

Is there not a risk that, if the weather continues to be this cold over the next say 3-5 weeks. Dunfermline could end up with a small backlog of fixtures?
Yes if the weather stays sub-zero for over a month and all our games were at home. But it won't and they aren't

Yes if the weather stays sub-zero for over a month and all our games were at home. But it won't and they aren't

Cool. Was genuinely just asking, hadn’t looked at your fixtures. I wonder if other teams will consider or have already decided as a cost cutting measure that the USH doesn’t go on.

Cool. Was genuinely just asking, hadn’t looked at your fixtures. I wonder if other teams will consider or have already decided as a cost cutting measure that the USH doesn’t go on.
Not sure but would be amazed if any lower league team was using up valuable cash when it can be avoided. Except Hearts.

Maybe fellow TITP nutcases could show the ground staff how to fully utilise tarpaulin on the pitch? I have vast experience. Saves the fortunes of one big massive pitch cover?