Dunfermline Athletic v Raith Rovers

35 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

With no crowd revenue to be made from the game why fork out for heating is probably the thought process. Makes perfect sense to me. 

As I suggested, maybe too costly in the current circumstances. Does indeed make sense but why not put down covers a couple of days ago. It's not as if frost hasn't been forecast.

You lot are a bit obsessed over a single banner that one person made years ago. You've somehow twisted it in your moron minds that one banner made by one person years ago means the entire Pars fanbase make multiple banners every single time we play.
Very odd stuff.
Wee bit defensive. Dry your eyes sweetcheeks. It's just a bit of banter about your minter fans. It's not as if any of your mob would ever make a comment about "the Raith supporters" as if we were all one body. No, no.

Even with the USH heating on that section in the shadow of the main stand can be reluctant to thaw. IIRC it costs about £12k to run the USH. The club have stated before what it costs (it has to be on for a few days before a game) if anyone can be arsed trawling the archives. 

Totally get the financial aspect, but it is a bit dissapointing that it appears not even some covers have been put down. It's been cold, but no colder than usual for the time of year. 

Whilst fans not being present does dull down a bit of the occasion, it's still a festive derby that fans are paying money to watch. Would have been nice to see the pitch inspection left later, for example, to give the game the best chance. 

8:45 does seem a bit early given the close proximity of the clubs. Only other reason I could think of is potential change of venue, but thats unlikely. 

Probably suits us anyway having the game off. Hopefully we’ll have JMac and KMac back, who were doubtful, with Davo and potentially even Vaughan in contention for the rearranged fixture.

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Totally get the financial aspect, but it is a bit dissapointing that it appears not even some covers have been put down. It's been cold, but no colder than usual for the time of year. 

Whilst fans not being present does dull down a bit of the occasion, it's still a festive derby that fans are paying money to watch. Would have been nice to see the pitch inspection left later, for example, to give the game the best chance. 

8:45 does seem a bit early given the close proximity of the clubs. Only other reason I could think of is potential change of venue, but thats unlikely. 

Does seem strange, if there is a chance of the pitch being playable why not wait until 12 when there’s more of a chance of the pitch having thawed out. If there isn’t, why not just call it now. It does seem a bit poor there not even having been covers down though.

Edited by Enigma

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Does seem strange, if there is a chance of the pitch being playable why not wait until 12 when there’s more of a chance of the pitch having thawed out. If there isn’t, why not just call it now. It does seem a bit poor there not even having been covers down though.

Probably earliest we can get a ref out.  I see Arbroath have arranged an inspection for the same time(granted clubs are further apart)

I’m not even sure if we have covers tbh.  Masterton sold them years ago and I don’t know if pars united purchased new ones.

As for a switch, can’t see it,  it would surely have been agreed by now.

To all those who are using words like "strange" & "weird" are you honestly suggesting there's skullduggery afoot?

Any expense that can be saved should be especially given every club is about to recieve government funding to ensure we get through this unscathed.

12 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

To all those who are using words like "strange" & "weird" are you honestly suggesting there's skullduggery afoot?

Any expense that can be saved should be especially given every club is about to recieve government funding to ensure we get through this unscathed.

Don't think there's anything sinister going on at all. Just think it's strange there appears to be next to zero effort to get the game on. I'd be surprised if Dunfermline didn't own pitch covers if undersoil heating is so expensive, given they work up to something like minus 5. 

Certainly wouldn't expect Dunfermline to spend thousands to get a game on with no fans, but I'd expect most teams at this level to have a form of pitch protection that is financially viable. 

It's not the end of the world and it is what it is, but its still a festive derby and I'm sure clubs are happy to take advance sales of streams in the same way they are physical ticket sales. 

Edited by CALDERON

In all seriousness, the game is not going to be on. Shame, as it would have been a good relief from the constant OF tosh that is bound to ensue on most social media tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

In all seriousness, the game is not going to be on. Shame, as it would have been a good relief from the constant OF tosh that is bound to ensue on most social media tomorrow.

Going to be incredibly boring without the fitba.

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Granted, not as cringey as Dunfermline fans walking down Kdy high street singing about how much they hate Raith Rovers a few years ago, but still. 

Fans singing on the way to a game is cringey? 

I'm sure Raith fans are silent walking from the Lizzie right enough. 

31 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Don't think there's anything sinister going on at all. Just think it's strange there appears to be next to zero effort to get the game on. I'd be surprised if Dunfermline didn't own pitch covers if undersoil heating is so expensive, given they work up to something like minus 5. 

But then why buy covers when we have USH? 

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Covers dont cost thousands to run to get one game on? 

If Dunfermline can't afford to run USH, thats totally understandable, but then surely it's worth having a form of pitch protection they can afford to use? 

Edited by CALDERON

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Covers dont cos thousands to run to get one game on? 

They do cost thousands though to buy outright. Think we donated our last ones to Cowdenbeath. And we're normally happy enough to run the USH, however there's no crowd so no point. 

When this ends, we'll go back to running the USH. 

Edited by Grant228

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

To save you around 12K per game as another person mentioned further back on this page. Helps look after the pennies.