Dunfermline Athletic v Raith Rovers

This one's definitely looking a no-goer.

-1 here in the Lang toon and -2 in the Auld Grey toon and the temperature not looking like increasing very much if any until after 9am, incidentally why the 8.45 inspection? Not like there are thousands of fans having to struggle hundreds of miles never mind zero fans having to travel by and large all of 10 along the road??

Looking more and more like this is suiting the barcodes to postpone this game for some reason? I can well understand the reason (and cost wise I wouldn't either) for not putting the undersoil heating on in the circumstances but do wonder if Rovers were saying they were struggling with injuries or suspensions might it have made a difference?

The old cynic in me is just asking, purely out of curiosity how soon do Clubs have to notify the governing bodies of Covid cases?🤧

Edited by Scottydog

33 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

, incidentally why the 8.45 inspection? Not like there are thousands of fans having to struggle hundreds of miles never mind zero fans having to travel by and large all of 10 along the road??

Looking more and more like this is suiting the barcodes to postpone this game for some reason? I can well understand the reason (and cost wise I wouldn't either) for not putting the undersoil heating on in the circumstances but do wonder if Rovers were saying they were struggling with injuries or suspensions might it have made a difference?

?🤧

It's an 0845 inspection because the game isn't going ahead. The pitch is frozen and it doesn't get above freezing until 1100/1200 tomorrow, at which point it will be 1/2 degrees, not enough time for the pitch to thaw before 1400.

It doesn't look like this suits us at all, if you think it's looking like that it's because you're an absolute idiot. You've just been skelped by the worst full time side in the country and you've got a couple of injuries whereas we have, one. By the time the game gets re arranged (won't be for a good few months) I doubt we'll be in a better position, whereas Raith could well be. 

The reasons for this not going ahead are financial, every sensible fan on this thread (Raith and Pars fans) gets that. 

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I get why the Pars wouldn't put the USH on and back their financial prudence in the current climate but why, when it was apparent that the forecast was for freezing weather, did they not put covers down? 

It's been mentioned that they don't have covers because they have USH. 

As expected, the game is off. It’s a shame as I was really looking forward to it, even after Tuesday. However, I think a postponement definitely suits us more than Dunfermline with the players we have missing currently so won’t complain too much.

His isolation period was up but he wouldn’t have been able to train with the squad before the game. Not sure if that would have been an issue or not.

Like most, I’m disappointed not to have a game to watch but this definitely suits us more- I feared a real mauling.
If we get back to full strength we have nothing to fear.

Annoying to now have two games in hand versus most of the league though.